Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Child Benefit for new immigrants

Canadian Child Benefit for new immigrants

Old Feb 11th 2013, 8:49 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Child Benefit for new immigrants

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You're missing the point, for my children to do everything they do in the UK would cost a small fortune in Canada!

And if you want to sign up to my children's various after school activities (most of which are free, it's only the drama club, football club and 'Zumbatronics' - no idea - that cost money), then feel free. You'd have to move of course, but hey.
Zumbatomic -
Zumba for kids'
Old Feb 11th 2013, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

In the uk my 12 year old daughter does Ice skating at a cost of £52.00 every 8 weeks,boys rugby is £100.00 a season.
If you are in Canada,UK, USA, it all cost money
Old Feb 11th 2013, 8:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Zumbatomic -
Zumba for kids'
Ah, ta muchly. All becomes clear now. I'm a Zumba virgin, can you tell?!
Old Feb 11th 2013, 9:18 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
But surely the school provide all the skis and equipment ....................
Yes they do.....so $30 for a bus trip plus ski lift pass and all equipment plus 6 hours skiing isn't that bad.....
Old Feb 11th 2013, 9:37 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, ta muchly. All becomes clear now. I'm a Zumba virgin, can you tell?!
I try not too ... But it's so bloody "big"
Here ....
Old Feb 11th 2013, 11:23 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmydean
Yes they do.....so $30 for a bus trip plus ski lift pass and all equipment plus 6 hours skiing isn't that bad.....
Thats not bad at all
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:05 am
But can't afford it

Location: Ireland thought about Qatar changed our minds to family friendly Calgary
PaddyMacLovingTheCraic will become famous soon enoughPaddyMacLovingTheCraic will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=ArthurBrit;10537722]The fact that it is Child benefits says a lot.

My foster child is unfortunate enough to have been born with mental difficulties and it is unlikely he will ever find the mental capacity to get a 'proper' job but his ambition right now is to work at McDonalds, this is something I am trying to help him achieve and I am extremly proud of the fact that he has an ambition to work even with the difficulties that he has been born with. Most people are born with no troubles whatsoever and most people will find a way to go through life doing the 9-5 and there are some who just choose to stay in bed and letting life pass them by.

Good on you. It is so important to have goals and motivation. I salute you
Old Feb 12th 2013, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=PaddyMacLovingTheCraic;10539600]
Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
The fact that it is Child benefits says a lot.

My foster child is unfortunate enough to have been born with mental difficulties and it is unlikely he will ever find the mental capacity to get a 'proper' job but his ambition right now is to work at McDonalds, this is something I am trying to help him achieve and I am extremly proud of the fact that he has an ambition to work even with the difficulties that he has been born with. Most people are born with no troubles whatsoever and most people will find a way to go through life doing the 9-5 and there are some who just choose to stay in bed and letting life pass them by.

Good on you. It is so important to have goals and motivation. I salute you
Agreed

In one of the places I used to work there was a guy with quite severe disabilities (one hand, quite poor mobility etc etc) who drove the forklift (was sh*t hot at it too!) and I`m sure that he could easily have sat at home and probably have been as well off collecting whatever benefits he would have been entitled to but he chose to work instead

Fair play
Old Feb 12th 2013, 12:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
I try not too ... But it's so bloody "big"
Here ....
Huge here too, pretty much everybody I know does it. I meanwhile, can usually be found on the sofa with a glass of wine avoiding it.

Yes, yes, I know, it's good for you, etc, etc. Cue the lecture from the fitness instructor.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 3:03 pm
half a century

Huge here too, pretty much everybody I know does it. I meanwhile, can usually be found on the sofa with a glass of wine avoiding it.

Yes, yes, I know, it's good for you, etc, etc. Cue the lecture from the fitness instructor.
No lecture here! I am glad that it gets people's butts off sofa but Z alone will not is not sufficient for a varied exercise plan
Old Feb 12th 2013, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Unreal , moving to a new country and already talking benefits prior to contributing to the pot . FFS it boils my p@ss , not that you'll get the handouts just that you are on the lookout for freebies , this is not Britain !
+1. WTF? i'll bet you moan about the imigrants arriving in britain!
Old Feb 12th 2013, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Stu_g2004
+1. WTF? i'll bet you moan about the imigrants arriving in britain!
But it's been so easy to claim benefits for the past 30 years in the UK, since I left school at 15 without any qualifications. It took them a while to catch on that I don't really have 6 kids, only 3, and to find out my 8 bedroom council house is sub-let at a vast profit, so it's time to take all the extra cash I saved up from the income support and housing benefit and flee the country.

Should have enough from the £50k I've saved up in benefits over the years to get me over there and last about 6 months. Well, with my fags and booze habit, it might not last that long, but I'm hopeful because everything's cheaper in Canada. I'm sure then I'll be able to claim something for the next 30 years without ever lifting a finger to work. Probably pop out a few more real kids too, just to boost the Child Benefit.

You're right - I moan so much about immigrants in Britain - spend most of my day doing it (when I'm not watching daytime TV). I used to work with them and the stories they made up - you wouldn't believe them. Torture, rape and persecution, some said. But the government allows them into the UK AND gives them a small amount of money so they didn't starve. A disgrace. Should be giving all the money to the lazy work-shy Brits like me, who've never worked a day, but at least are British.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 8:34 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

There is something rather strange about immigrants to Canada complianing about the assistance the government gives to other immigrants. Just because I don't need it you shouldn't get it seems to be the theme.

I wonder if these people will decline to use the health service, to use public transit, drive on the roads and so on until they have paid x number of years of taxes? No?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:16 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
There is something rather strange about immigrants to Canada complianing about the assistance the government gives to other immigrants. Just because I don't need it you shouldn't get it seems to be the theme.

I wonder if these people will decline to use the health service, to use public transit, drive on the roads and so on until they have paid x number of years of taxes? No?
K jon I'm not disagreeing with you, nor with the fact that if you are eligible then have at 'er.

But playing devils advocate...............

The vast majority of Brits are seen as moving to Canada for a better "quality" of life, not for financial reasons as the majority of the Eastern Europeans etc moving to the UK are. We are seen as having enough cash to be able to make the move - ie immediately able to 'give' (contribute to society) and not immediatly have to take.

We know for a fact that that isn't the case - I'd say a large percentage of brits move here because the work situation back there is (in their own fields at least) dire, so they think hmm Canada - crying out for labour, 20 years behind, cheap - i'll make my fortune there (or at least a comfortable living) and life will be good.

We also know from posts on here that it doesn't always turn out that way, and I also reckon that many posters who have gone home with tails between their legs after being told to exercise caution, won't give their stories on here because they don't wanna hear the I told you so's.

I don't even know what the point of the above post is really. Probably for the love of everything sacred, do your research and make sure you will be making a financially viable move.

I don't care what anyone says about "it's how you live you life, not what you have" no-one wants to be struggling.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

...do your research and make sure you will be making a financially viable move.
We have, and continue to do so.... and will do our very best to make sure it is.

But preparing for the worst is surely wiser than hoping for the best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.