Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian car Insurance

Canadian car Insurance

Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all
Question Canadian car Insurance

My wife is on my UK insurance and I was thinking that we might need 2 cars when we get to Canada. Will she be treated as if she is a new driver and if so what would be the best thing we can do. What sort of payments are we looking at, would it be as much as $6000 as I have heard?
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Re: Canadian car Insurance

Originally Posted by hawkeye
My wife is on my UK insurance and I was thinking that we might need 2 cars when we get to Canada. Will she be treated as if she is a new driver and if so what would be the best thing we can do. What sort of payments are we looking at, would it be as much as $6000 as I have heard?
Use the search function.

Expect her to be treated like a drunk driver. If you find a company that doesn't treat her like a convicted criminal, you've got a good deal.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 7:47 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CalgaryAMC
Use the search function.

Expect her to be treated like a drunk driver. If you find a company that doesn't treat her like a convicted criminal, you've got a good deal.

or in other words

pull down trousers, lie across barrel and be prepare to be royally rogered from behind......

Insurance is awful here.... but then again so are the drivers.....
Old Oct 5th 2004, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Duncan_BC has a brilliant futureDuncan_BC has a brilliant futureDuncan_BC has a brilliant futureDuncan_BC has a brilliant futureDuncan_BC has a brilliant futureDuncan_BC has a brilliant futureDuncan_BC has a brilliant future

British Columbia has public car insurance. A new driver
pays the base rate. After years of accident free driving,
a discount of 10%-40% is given. An accident means a
surcharge of 30%-9999% is added. If you can prove
years of accident free driving, you can get discounts.
I pay about $1100, (~500 pounds?) for a year of
coverage. My truck is a 1986 Junquepiece with good
liability, theft and fire coverage. I have 2 years'
discount.