Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Affair - UK vs Canada Flight Prices

Canadian Affair - UK vs Canada Flight Prices

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

FraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant future
Default Re: Canadian Affair - UK vs Canada Flight Prices

We are considering a trip back to the UK and certainly like the idea of saving a bit of dosh. Do you have to book using a UK credit card? or will a Canadian one be ok?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FraggleJH
We are considering a trip back to the UK and certainly like the idea of saving a bit of dosh. Do you have to book using a UK credit card? or will a Canadian one be ok?
I used a UK one, but someone further up this thread definitely mentioned that they used a Canadian one and still got the better price...
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 3:52 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AlexInBC
I used a UK one, but someone further up this thread definitely mentioned that they used a Canadian one and still got the better price...
The only problem with this (i think) could be that to get the better prices you need to pay in £, however when paying in £ on a CAD $ card you will get stuck with either charges on the credit card and/or crappier FX rates which could offset any gain made.

In my case where the savings where minimal I think paying in CAD$ would have cancelled out the diff, in others with bigger savings it probably doesn't matter.

Consult you credit card terms before you do just to check.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

FraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant futureFraggleJH has a brilliant future

Thanks for the info. I'll stop being lazy and give them a call
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:56 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FraggleJH
Thanks for the info. I'll stop being lazy and give them a call
and report back . . . . . pl
Old Feb 4th 2011, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Hey thanks everyone, I have been keeping an eye on the prices for May and they have not changed much, so rang the Glasgow office yesterday and got my flight from Vancouver to Manchester & return. Upgraded to premium, chose my seat and cost me $500 less than booking it on line here. I did use my UK debit card though as last year when I phoned to upgrade on my return flight they said I had to use $ (probably because original booking was in dollars).
So that saving will pay for my little plane from the island to Vancouver.
Total price premium was 850 quid, booking here with premium would of been near enough $1900 (the upgrade here was more or less same cost of ticket ie $900) Thanks again
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmabell
Thanks again
All these "Thanks again" messages and not one buggering bit of karma left for me for starting this thread...<sob!>

Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

onepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really nice

Hi,

I hope to go to England for three weeks in August. Someone will by buying my ticket as a gift. I am going to ask them to check by calling the UK Canadian Affair office and see if they can get a good price. If they use their credit card in England will I have any problems at the airport here in Canada? Will they ask me to produce the credit card the flight was paid for with for any reason?

Thank you.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 9:58 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

Another option is Air Transat We saved about $600 flying from Halifax to London(Gatwick) for this April.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

onepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really niceonepixel is just really nice

The last time I flew Air Transat I was jammed into a seat and it felt like I was flying in side a smartie tube. I would buy the upgrade with Canadian Affair but the upgrade with Air Transat looked like it was a lot of money.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:07 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepixel
Hi,

I hope to go to England for three weeks in August. Someone will by buying my ticket as a gift. I am going to ask them to check by calling the UK Canadian Affair office and see if they can get a good price. If they use their credit card in England will I have any problems at the airport here in Canada? Will they ask me to produce the credit card the flight was paid for with for any reason?

Thank you.
We did it that way last summer - no problems at all

Originally Posted by budcolin
Another option is Air Transat We saved about $600 flying from Halifax to London(Gatwick) for this April.

Air Transatt / canadaian affair - all the same!

The last time I flew Air Transat I was jammed into a seat and it felt like I was flying in side a smartie tube. I would buy the upgrade with Canadian Affair but the upgrade with Air Transat looked like it was a lot of money.
ditto above
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:28 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

I did know that....i just forgot...honest

Air Transatt / canadaian affair - all the same!
Old Feb 13th 2011, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

Thank you.
It definitely states in their booking terms that you need the credit card holder to be present at check-in with the passenger. That's the only reason that we didn't book on my Mother in Law's behalf for her recent visit (just in case they did ask to see it!) Instead my brother in law booked for her and took her to the airport, but he chose to send her via BA instead (loaded ) so we never found out whether they (Canadian Affair) would have checked...
Old Feb 13th 2011, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

ok I'll make sure my family triple check before anything is booked.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.