Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

canadian affair prices?

canadian affair prices?

Old Feb 26th 2011, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

MrP77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canadian affair prices?

Hi there......this is maybe a stupid question, But Im looking at flights on Canadian affair for the end of March, Does the prices come down closer to the time??? As flights for next week say are half the price of the date I was looking at??
Old Feb 26th 2011, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: canadian affair prices?

Originally Posted by MrP77
Hi there......this is maybe a stupid question, But Im looking at flights on Canadian affair for the end of March, Does the prices come down closer to the time??? As flights for next week say are half the price of the date I was looking at??
Not sure, but leaving to the week before is usually way too risky for many - especially if emigrating.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 1:48 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

IMHO: Flight prices change based on a number of things, time of year e.g. summer holidays/easter/christmas/NYE

Then there is how many seats have been taken on the plane.....the formula for that is not known but generally seats are cheaper to start off with then rise as amount of seats left decline.....then you have the last minute seat sales, but that is dependant on how many seats have been sold already.

I normally compare the Canadian Affair price with the big carriers and as they all generally run the same price schedule..........I mean the price difference between Canadian Affair and the Big carriers cheap track throughout the year.

The other thing I normally consider is Out UK airport A and In UK airport B......last time we did a holiday in Canada we saved £300 per person on Canadian Affair prices (against Out/In same airport), so we had £1200 to play with. We stayed an extra two nights and paid a friend to drop off/pick us up.

Our landing flight was more than I expected as it was a one-way (advertised at something like £180 as part of a return but cost £250 one-way) but when we added Club Class the price (for adding CC) was 50% of the advertised one-way cost

Last edited by JB0591; Feb 26th 2011 at 1:52 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

With the price of oil shooting up, can't see the prices dropping myself.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:46 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrP77
End of March is only 4 weeks away. How much closer were you hoping to get?
Old Feb 26th 2011, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

MrP77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that! and Jericho, Ive been watching the prices for the last month and it seems or has for this last month that if you leave it to say 2 weeks before going rather that 4 weeks it can be £150-£200 cheaper...which would be my car hire! But like some have said it's risky! I just wondered if people waited or not!! Like I said it probably was a dumb question
Thanks everyone