Reload this Page >

canadian affair flight

canadian affair flight

Old May 27th 2011, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

krasy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canadian affair flight

Hi
i have just been on canadian affair website and their flights for 27 july are #669 one way but I checked out travelsupermarket.com and booked through here on Opodo the flight still one way was #590 how on earth can the flilght be cheaper on another site when the tour operator is quoting more doesnt make sense i rang them about it and she said it was impossible well that may be but it was cheaper on opodo so thats where i booked so anyone else checking out flight check out travelsupermarket.com first!

off to start my new life in canada on the 27th july then
Old May 27th 2011, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

laser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud oflaser558 has much to be proud of
Default Re: canadian affair flight

Where are you flying to?
Old May 27th 2011, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by laser558
Where are you flying to?
newcastle to toronto
Old May 27th 2011, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by krasy
Hi
i have just been on canadian affair website and their flights for 27 july are #669 one way but I checked out travelsupermarket.com and booked through here on Opodo the flight still one way was #590 how on earth can the flilght be cheaper on another site when the tour operator is quoting more doesnt make sense i rang them about it and she said it was impossible well that may be but it was cheaper on opodo so thats where i booked so anyone else checking out flight check out travelsupermarket.com first!

off to start my new life in canada on the 27th july then
Hi Krazy

I'm a geordie too, we are just waiting for our visa's to come and we will be off to Ontarion. Where do you plan on settling?
We have had a look at flying form Newcastle, but have decided to go from Manchester as it's half the price.

Hope things work out well for you
Old May 27th 2011, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 27mich71
Hi Krazy

I'm a geordie too, we are just waiting for our visa's to come and we will be off to Ontarion. Where do you plan on settling?
We have had a look at flying form Newcastle, but have decided to go from Manchester as it's half the price.

Hope things work out well for you
by the time I added the cost of the train and the hotel into the equation it worked out almost the same but I am shipping 2 cats over too and will be easier from newcastle
we are settling in Whitby its lovely there real community feel and lots of new builds going up its gonna be the place to be I reckon! New leisure centre getting built too and the college there is fab!
Old May 27th 2011, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

jennianne is an unknown quantity at this point

canadian affairs customer service advisors are shocking! and rude! when i was booking our tickets last year i had them all in just had to press the confirm button was on phone to my hubby who was already over here and we went back to check another date. When i went back to original date 2 seconds later the price had shot up!! I phoned them and they just refused to listen saying the prices hadnt went up that day!!! so much for the customer being right!!!!!!!!
Old May 27th 2011, 9:53 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I read that fares are adjusted according to the number of enquiries made. More people checking, more people wanting tickets so the cost goes up.

I've seen reductions coming up shortly after checking so I don't see why they shouldn't increase.

Airlines also have x tickets at one price and then higher prices. It only needs the last ticket at x price to be sold and the price of remaining seats is more.
Old May 28th 2011, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'm sure I read that fares are adjusted according to the number of enquiries made. More people checking, more people wanting tickets so the cost goes up.

I've seen reductions coming up shortly after checking so I don't see why they shouldn't increase.

Airlines also have x tickets at one price and then higher prices. It only needs the last ticket at x price to be sold and the price of remaining seats is more.
Correct......Except they have one price and they dont bucket their seats like scheduled carriers. They just wait to see how they sell.....Then adjust accordingly........
Old May 28th 2011, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jennianne
canadian affairs customer service advisors are shocking! and rude! when i was booking our tickets last year i had them all in just had to press the confirm button was on phone to my hubby who was already over here and we went back to check another date. When i went back to original date 2 seconds later the price had shot up!! I phoned them and they just refused to listen saying the prices hadnt went up that day!!! so much for the customer being right!!!!!!!!
I really dont think I can begin on how shocking their customer service centre is, otherwise I might not stop!
In short, we were set to fly out, bags on plane, got phone call that mother in law was very sick, took ourselves off the plane and went straight to the hospital.
Fair enough, lost money for the flights.
But we had also booked 2 weeks car hire for when we first arrived, before we bought our vehicle, and they would not transfer it to a new date, despite us phoning National car rental in Calgary (who Canadian affair booked for us with) who said they would not receive a penny of our money from Canadian Affair if we cancelled or rescheduled the booking. In effect Canadian affair kept our money, even though I was on the phone in tears after my mother in law sadly passed away! They just couldnt care less.

You will always get a better price than BA and Air Canada, however be very careful as they can and will cancel flights at short notice, they also gave some friends of friends the option of cutting short their holiday out here by two days to get a direct flight home, or having it extended by four days and having an 8 hour stopover in Toronto (not an option as these people had to get back to work!) so they had 2 days less of their holiday as their original return flight was cancelled whilst they were over here!
Old May 28th 2011, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LucyLovelock
I really dont think I can begin on how shocking their customer service centre is, otherwise I might not stop!
In short, we were set to fly out, bags on plane, got phone call that mother in law was very sick, took ourselves off the plane and went straight to the hospital.
Fair enough, lost money for the flights.
But we had also booked 2 weeks car hire for when we first arrived, before we bought our vehicle, and they would not transfer it to a new date, despite us phoning National car rental in Calgary (who Canadian affair booked for us with) who said they would not receive a penny of our money from Canadian Affair if we cancelled or rescheduled the booking. In effect Canadian affair kept our money, even though I was on the phone in tears after my mother in law sadly passed away! They just couldnt care less.

You will always get a better price than BA and Air Canada, however be very careful as they can and will cancel flights at short notice, they also gave some friends of friends the option of cutting short their holiday out here by two days to get a direct flight home, or having it extended by four days and having an 8 hour stopover in Toronto (not an option as these people had to get back to work!) so they had 2 days less of their holiday as their original return flight was cancelled whilst they were over here!
Yes......They ghost flights too........create flights, see if they fill, if not, 'reschedule' the flight (which really didnt exist) and combine with the other.....If the other is a different day they will offer changes.
Old May 28th 2011, 3:57 am
Just Joined

jennianne is an unknown quantity at this point

And there baggage allowance is shocking!! How is 20kgs each enough when u are moving here perm!! Me and my hubby were £100 each on excess baggage!! I phone to ask if i could pay for an extra bag like easyjet do and explained we were moving here but not a chance!
Old May 28th 2011, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

With Canadian Affair you get what you pay for.... or sometimes not even that! I flew back to the UK last year. Flight form Vancouver was ok (except they charged me for 2Kg excess baggage). Return flight from Manchester was another story. I didn't get the seat I'd prebooked and paid for - I ended up standing most of the flight as the seat was so cramped (and I'm only 5'3"). The flight was freezing cold and they ran out of blankets.

I don't think I'll be using them again!
Old May 28th 2011, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jennianne
And there baggage allowance is shocking!! How is 20kgs each enough when u are moving here perm!! Me and my hubby were £100 each on excess baggage!! I phone to ask if i could pay for an extra bag like easyjet do and explained we were moving here but not a chance!
there baggage allowance has gone up to 25kilos now but when it was 20 kilos i though it was absolutely ridiculous!
Old May 28th 2011, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by krasy
there baggage allowance has gone up to 25kilos now but when it was 20 kilos i though it was absolutely ridiculous!
My mum just left on Saturday and they were only allowed 20kg
Old May 28th 2011, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by minimeeze
My mum just left on Saturday and they were only allowed 20kg
no its def 25kilos I was there at easter and i checked the website it used to be 20 not sure when they changed the rule but when we got to the airport at easter we thoguht it was only 20 but it was on their screen as 25 kilos and i just checked their site 2 days ago

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.