Reload this Page >

Canadian Affair

Canadian Affair

Old Jun 11th 2012, 11:20 am
ZIG
Forum Regular

ZIG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Affair

I am booking flights for my family and kids from Gatwick to Calgary on 1st July. Prices seem to be almost 300% of what I paid two months before.

What is the best strategy to book tickets from Canadian Affair. Weight for the last minute or just book them now.

Is there any discount code for Canadian Affairs.

Thank you
Old Jun 11th 2012, 11:45 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian Affair

Originally Posted by ZIG
I am booking flights for my family and kids from Gatwick to Calgary on 1st July. Prices seem to be almost 300% of what I paid two months before.

What is the best strategy to book tickets from Canadian Affair. Weight for the last minute or just book them now.

Thank you
July is peak season- flights are always more expensive.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:15 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Right in the middle of olympics season too.....better off waiting mate. That is what we are doing
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:23 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
Right in the middle of olympics season too.....better off waiting mate. That is what we are doing
She/he is leaving UK not going to it
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:26 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZIG

Thank you
Have you looked at other airlines direct? not saying they'd be any less costly but worth a try, Air Canada, Air Transat etc. as said earlier July/Aug peak travel times, they always hike the prices up during summer.

Also try google you may find a promo code out there somewhere - worth a try.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 2:52 pm
Cheesy Grin :-)

Dotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of lightDotty P is a glorious beacon of light

Hello, we are travelling to Toronto on 5th July and found Air Transat to be the cheapest by far. It seems from the weekend dated 7th July the prices rise significantly, most likely because private schools break up around that time and the Olympics are getting going. Anyway, try Air Transat.....pretty certain their planes are the same as Canadian Affair anyway. £479 one way was what we paid.

Good luck with everything!!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:41 pm
I said what ?!

Animal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I got a price today for £588 Toronto-Manchester-Toronto on July 12 - 16 (I'm best man for a wedding)
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:45 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dotty P
Hello, we are travelling to Toronto on 5th July and found Air Transat to be the cheapest by far. It seems from the weekend dated 7th July the prices rise significantly, most likely because private schools break up around that time and the Olympics are getting going. Anyway, try Air Transat.....pretty certain their planes are the same as Canadian Affair anyway. £479 one way was what we paid.

Good luck with everything!!

Gordon Bennett.....479 one way? That is bang out of order
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Mircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura aboutMircha has a spectacular aura about

I just booked flights the other day with Canada Travel Services from Gatwick to Toronto for a pretty decent price £379 rtn considering its within a month of booking (28th June - 3rd July) and July is peak travel season, but I am flying with Sunwings which I never have before.

With Canadian affair I found that if you look at the special offers tab they have the dates for when they have reduced prices.

For my flights they had 29th June - 3rd July at £398 but if I put 28th June - 3rd July it was £600 so it depends on the dates you need to fly out for the Canadian affair website.

If you could be flexible with which airport you fly out from that also definitely helps as once I flew into Manchester rather than London which is where I live but saved £300 in doing so.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 3:50 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sunwing.ca/Cheap-Flights.asp Sunwing have a 'buy one seat get 30% off the 2nd'

Edit: Ooops, that is only for Toronto>London or internal flights, sorry. They do have cheap flights though - and check the prices putting down for a return as they are often cheaper than a single.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 11th 2012 at 4:29 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

If you sign up to their newsletter they email you to give you the discount emails.

Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian Affair do great promos at the beginning and end of each season.

I have found that KLM offer consistantly great fares 365 days of the year. And they are great to fly with. Their search engine lets you play with dates too.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

compchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant future

I found out a couple of months ago that Air Transat and Canadian Affair are actually part of the same group. It's funny how most of the time their prices are the same but every now and again you get huge differences.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jericho
July is peak season- flights are always more expensive.
Add to that that it is Stampede season
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
She/he is leaving UK not going to it
Many of my Friends from London are planning to leave during the Olympics as the view is it is going to be a nightmare for those who stay.

So its going to be busy going both ways.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.