Canada vs US

Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canada vs US

I thought this short and simple entry from a fellow blog writer was very interesting.

The U.S. has enshrined the rights of individuals into its fabric – with those rights above the rights of any other group or organization.

Canada has built the rights of the “common good” into our system and this trumps the rights of the individual.

Our entire political structures (both countries) are based on this simple, yet profound difference.

Full article here.

Doug is gardener - he does not normally write opinion pieces outside of his world of green fingers - but my thoughts were provoked.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada vs US

Hi
Oh this made me smile.The Good Lord gives with the one hand and takes with the other!....lol....
Stef

Originally Posted by ann m
I thought this short and simple entry from a fellow blog writer was very interesting.

The U.S. has enshrined the rights of individuals into its fabric – with those rights above the rights of any other group or organization.

Canada has built the rights of the “common good” into our system and this trumps the rights of the individual.

Our entire political structures (both countries) are based on this simple, yet profound difference.

Full article here.

Doug is gardener - he does not normally write opinion pieces outside of his world of green fingers - but my thoughts were provoked.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Another way of looking at it is that Canada is a collaborative environment where everone is encouraged to cooperate while the US prides itself on having a competitive environment where everyone, including your friends, workmates and neighbours, are threats.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
That was well said
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by flashman
Another way of looking at it is that Canada is a collaborative environment where everone is encouraged to cooperate while the US prides itself on having a competitive environment where everyone, including your friends, workmates and neighbours, are threats.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

NomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really niceNomadicJ is just really nice

Maybe I'm just a sucker who's been indoctrinated by the UK political system but I think that is why I feel almost at home in Canada. It's not all 'me me me'. People suffer for the common good and don't interpret everything for their own good.

Massive generalisations, yes. But that's how I feel...
Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:24 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

that's why I like Canada. Not in a chauvinistic it's better way, I just feel like Canada reflects my values better than the US.

I have some US friends who chose to emigrate here a few years ago because allegedly they didn't like the me me me of the states. Its' been very interesting watching them try and adapt to the Canadian way of thinking...it's amazing how such a small thing can permeate the assumptions you make, the way you view the world, etc. I think they've learned they're much more into the 'individual' than they realised. But they're adjusting to our commie pinko ways.

Last edited by ExKiwilass; Mar 6th 2010 at 6:27 pm.