Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada to UK removals - Help REq'd Please

Canada to UK removals - Help REq'd Please

Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

BBspringers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada to UK removals - Help REq'd Please

Soory to be a pain but tried this on the MBTUK forum wi no joy so thought might try it here.

Sorry Mods:

As we are exploring the idea of returning to the UK from Canada I would like to ask for members experience, costs and recommened removal companies anyone has used to ship their household belongings back to the UK from Canada in the Maritime region.

We brought a 40ft container and would prob need the same to return.

Any help and info would be a great help thanks.

BB
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada to UK removals - Help REq'd Please

Originally Posted by BBspringers
Soory to be a pain but tried this on the MBTUK forum wi no joy so thought might try it here.

Sorry Mods:

As we are exploring the idea of returning to the UK from Canada I would like to ask for members experience, costs and recommened removal companies anyone has used to ship their household belongings back to the UK from Canada in the Maritime region.

BB
Hi I also had a quote for a 20ft container from Ontario, and it was $4650 I have found this very expensive so am looking round at the moment, will let you know if anything else comes in
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dgjamison
Hi I also had a quote for a 20ft container from Ontario, and it was $4650 I have found this very expensive so am looking round at the moment, will let you know if anything else comes in
Cheers ...

Could you provide me with any of the companies you used please?

Our 40" container (last year) on the way over was approx £5000 incl insurance so at todays exchange rate (1.68) roughly around $8400.

Obviously no idea if it's cheaper one way or another but got a local rep from Allied coming round on Monday so we'll see.

Thanks

BB
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond reputedgjamison has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers ...

Could you provide me with any of the companies you used please?

Our 40" container (last year) on the way over was approx £5000 incl insurance so at todays exchange rate (1.68) roughly around $8400.

Obviously no idea if it's cheaper one way or another but got a local rep from Allied coming round on Monday so we'll see.

Thanks

BB
Yes, it seems a lot of the UK companies use AMJ Campbell International here in Ontario, the quote I got is from Euro-Transport International, he quoted me over the internet though, he did'nt come out so I'm not sure how good he is. I am waiting for AMJ to get back with their quote. We used Robinsons when we came over, they were Ok, some of our stuff got broken,( but they had used someone from ireland to do our packing) and again when our stuff got here it turned out it was AMJ that they worked with as well, (they seem to be good) Would appreciate it if you could let me know how you find Allied
thanks
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, it seems a lot of the UK companies use AMJ Campbell International here in Ontario, the quote I got is from Euro-Transport International, he quoted me over the internet though, he did'nt come out so I'm not sure how good he is. I am waiting for AMJ to get back with their quote. We used Robinsons when we came over, they were Ok, some of our stuff got broken,( but they had used someone from ireland to do our packing) and again when our stuff got here it turned out it was AMJ that they worked with as well, (they seem to be good) Would appreciate it if you could let me know how you find Allied
thanks
Thanks for that. Will info you on Monday after they have been.

He did say he would do the survey then provide a quote so will post it here after the price is given.

Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that. Will info you on Monday after they have been.

He did say he would do the survey then provide a quote so will post it here after the price is given.

Thanks
Thats great thanks a lot, good luck
Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Thats great thanks a lot, good luck
All prices for sole use 40ft container PEI to Hampshire area
Full pack and wrap

Robinsons Quoted: £7,695.00

Doree Bonner Quoted: £7157.00 VAT zero rated

When the rest come in will post those also.

Cheers
Old Mar 5th 2010, 3:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

All prices for sole use 40ft container PEI to Hampshire area
Full pack and wrap

Robinsons Quoted: £7,695.00

Doree Bonner Quoted: £7157.00 VAT zero rated

When the rest come in will post those also.

Cheers
Hi again, I have just had a quote back from Robinsons for £3765.00 for a crate 450cubic ft. might try and sell my furniture as I don't think its worth bringing back. will keep in touch when I get others
cheers
Denise
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:51 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Hi we used AMJ Cambells on returning from Canada......Took 20 wks for our goods to arrive back in the UK and half of it was smashed
Old Mar 5th 2010, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sans
Hi we used AMJ Cambells on returning from Canada......Took 20 wks for our goods to arrive back in the UK and half of it was smashed
Hi and thanks for that, it is so hard, as the prices to me are really high for what I have, so might try and sell it. I am waiting for a couple more quotes, one from Atlas, can't remember the name of the other one, but will keep you informed.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSunshine Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Just had our first quote in from Crown. For a 40Ft High Cube we have been quoted $14,990, and a 20Ft container at $8,690
Intention to get a couple more quotes and then decide. It might prove problematic sharing a container as apparently everything has to be itemised at the point of packing by the removal company. We can pack boxes ourselves if we do not seal them and list on the box what the contents are.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sunshine Girl
Just had our first quote in from Crown. For a 40Ft High Cube we have been quoted $14,990, and a 20Ft container at $8,690
Intention to get a couple more quotes and then decide. It might prove problematic sharing a container as apparently everything has to be itemised at the point of packing by the removal company. We can pack boxes ourselves if we do not seal them and list on the box what the contents are.
Can I ask where you currently are and where you will be moving to.

Our quotes are PEI to Hampshire area

Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry Mods:

BB
Hi Just wanted to update you, I have just been quoted for a 20ft container $3000 US inclusive, this is a self loading price, for a 40ft container $4500 inclusive. \basically you have 2 hours to load the container yourself for the 20ft, after that it is $50 hour. Not sure what the time limit is on the 40ft container. The company is called AAA overseas Freight corporation, in Toronto. Let me know how you get on, hope this helps, we will probably go with them
regards Denise