canada post

Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

eastlands is an unknown quantity at this point
Default canada post

Hello,

Has anyboby else had delays/problems with delivery even though ours was barcoded since it was released by customs six days ago it appears to have got lost.We have contacted the Post Office/Canada Post but they will not investigate until 25 working days ,not much use at all!!,any suggestions,ta.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: canada post

I had a package last summer arrrive from NY state, cleared customs in Quebec and then took 15 days to get to me here in BC.

Canada Post can be slow at times.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eastlands
Hello,

Has anyboby else had delays/problems with delivery even though ours was barcoded since it was released by customs six days ago it appears to have got lost.We have contacted the Post Office/Canada Post but they will not investigate until 25 working days ,not much use at all!!,any suggestions,ta.

I sent a package to my daughter in France in June and it still hasn't got there. I paid extra so I could track it - it was 3 weeks before it left Canada and now they can't tell me where it is. They told us we can only make a claim after 60 days.
I know Nikkidreaming also sent a parcel to UK and that hadn't arrived after 7 weeks.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 2:36 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a airmail parcel (CD size puffy envelope) and it took 15 weeks - yes weeks to get to it's destination

We are getting Christmas gifts together at the moment so we can send them in the middle of September, if you wait to near the 'last guaranteed date' for posting it's still hit and miss if the parcels arrive in time. You won't ever hear me complain about Royal Mail again.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Canada Post can be slow at times.
Those times are between 12:00 AM on Jan 1 and 11:59 PM on Dec 31.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Kirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to allKirstine is a name known to all

We've had a few problems with them, they are a bit unreliable and slow to be honest.

We've had a few things take forever to arrive, we've had a couple of damaged items and a few things have been lost!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

yep they are just random.

my parents posted a normal parcel and a special fast airmail signed for package and the normal parcel arrived 10 days before the priority one

and out passport request took 5 days to get from vancouver to kamloops
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:00 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are currently having our post re-directed from out rental house to our new home, post is still going to our old address, OH phoned and complained, they said they would sort it and gave us a month extra.

Two days later we received our old neighbor's post that Canada Post had very kindly sent to us, go figure.......
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Snort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really niceSnort is just really nice

Our experience with Canada Post has been DIRE

A Birthday Card sent Recorded delivery from the UK was razor bladed open contents (Cash I know that was not a good thing to send) were taken $60, then the package was resealed with clear tape and delivered. When we picked up the package and signed for it nothing looked untoward not until we got home did we discover the theft.

I know Cash shouldnt be sent thru the post but the conivance of this theft by a Canada Post employee from a recorded delivery package put me off trusting them with anything important ever again. We now send anything important i.e. passports or papers via UPS, it costs more but its 50 times faster, trackable, and so far secure.

Canada Post PAH!!!!! dont get me started.

OK rant over
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Selsame is on a distinguished road

It does seem a bit hit and miss. I have had packages take three days from the UK to Vancouver, yet it takes anywhere from ten days upward from the US.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Hammerhead786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Canada Post are pants. I complained because I had a letter sent recorded delivery to me that was just left in the mailbox without a signature being obtained. That was unacceptable to me since I was paying for my mail to be delivered to me. It was not tracked through Canada so if it had gone missing they would never have been able to find out where it had disappeared.

To be fair though, Canada Post forwarded my complaint to the local sorting office. I had a visit from one of the supervisors who took away the envelope to investigate why it had not been tracked through Canada. He left me his phone number and told me to call them with tracking numbers for any further letters that I would be receiving. Suffice to say I called him and the 2 letters I was expecting were delivered correctly.

H