Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada Live Event London - Islington

Canada Live Event London - Islington

Old Jan 15th 2014, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Live Event London - Islington

I liked the buzz though. I found it got me quite excited! Oh and yes, the free pens were nice!
Old Jan 15th 2014, 1:45 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

And don't pay the unmentionable company any money WHATSOEVER
They askalot, don't they?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 3:07 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.
Just gaze a lot.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Hmm. We paid the unmentionable company £20 and got an hour long sales process offering to do application for £5,000 promising nothing. When I said that was extortionate the price became £3,200. If you're committed about coming to Canada you should invest the time in getting to know the process yourself and many folk on here will give free info that you won't find anywhere else.

We have now been in Calgary 9mths and have a home and a job each so something worked. Mind, the CIC process took about 2yrs so you have to be patient!
Old Jan 16th 2014, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

ookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the rough

We went to the London event in October 2011 after very nearly becoming sucked in by a certain immigration company the most important thing we learnt was to go home and do our own research! There where very few stalls for Canada with the majority of stalls being for Oz.

My advice would be to keep researching and use this site for questions etc you will learn far more than attending the London event.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 10:50 am
Just Joined

trixyangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone I think were going to go anyway see what it's like but I definitely won't pay anyone! I'll let you know how it goes.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 2:36 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trixyangel
Thanks everyone I think were going to go anyway see what it's like but I definitely won't pay anyone! I'll let you know how it goes.
Good luck and don't get down about trying to get over here. We didnt even have enough points and the fools let us in.
Old Jan 16th 2014, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Cyclecrazy is an unknown quantity at this point

We were tempted to go to the Birmingham event thinking we could get some info that the internet couldn't provide us. So glad I read this, think we'll save our money!
Old Feb 15th 2014, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

oldbootz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

This Canada Live expo seems pretty tosh, anyone tried the Overseas Opportunities Expo thats 22nd to 23rd February?
http://business.workingin.com/servic...overseas-expo/

22nd to 23rd March even...

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 15th 2014 at 6:18 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 9:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldbootz
Hi there,

This Canada Live expo seems pretty tosh, anyone tried the Overseas Opportunities Expo thats 22nd to 23rd February?
http://business.workingin.com/servic...overseas-expo/

22nd to 23rd March even...
On the toshometer, I'd say about the same.

Vast majority of stalls will be for Oz/NZ and only geared at certain occupations (doctors/nurses usually), worth popping in if you're in the area anyway and can get discounted/free tickets, otherwise don't bother IMO.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

trixyangel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

Well me and my boyfriend attended the Canada Live Event yesterday. Luckily it only takes us a bout 40 minutes from where I live to get there on the train/tube so wasn't too bothered if it wasn't all that great and it really wasn't! As most of you said it is mainly about moving to Oz/New Zealand so if you want to go there then great but if you looking at moving to Canada then don't waste your money going there in the future. I think there was maybe 2 max 3 stalls for Canada, and only one talk about moving to British Columbia throughout the whole day! We picked up a couple of leaflets and spent the rest of the day in Covent Garden which was nice so wasn't a complete waste! I definitely advise people to stick to this forum as it has been brilliant for me so far!
Old Feb 17th 2014, 1:51 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

We visited Canada twice prior to moving. It's the only way IMO to know if it's worth your while starting any paper work