Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

CANADA (Crane Op)

CANADA (Crane Op)

Old Jan 31st 2009, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

Tony 2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up CANADA (Crane Op)

Does anyone know if there is any crane hire companies requiring british operators? I work on heavy cranes in the u.k, and want to go to Canada. I also have hgv experience european etc, been offered interview driving trucks in saskatoon for SIEMENS group, anyone tell me anymore about this company? wages, are they o.k etc. Alberta region would be desired, but hey not fussed. Just as long as its genuine. Had a spell in med hat in the 80s with the Army 6 months winter repair minus 36!! Would be grateful for ANY info, thanks everyone.
Tony (MANCHESTER)
Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:36 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CANADA (Crane Op)

yep there is a good one, just cant remember the name right now.

I will pm you the detalis when I speak to my mate who works for them.

minihaha
Old Jan 31st 2009, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tony 2
Does anyone know if there is any crane hire companies requiring british operators? I work on heavy cranes in the u.k, and want to go to Canada. I also have hgv experience european etc, been offered interview driving trucks in saskatoon for SIEMENS group, anyone tell me anymore about this company? wages, are they o.k etc. Alberta region would be desired, but hey not fussed. Just as long as its genuine. Had a spell in med hat in the 80s with the Army 6 months winter repair minus 36!! Would be grateful for ANY info, thanks everyone.
Tony (MANCHESTER)

Thanks thats best news ive had!!!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Tony
You should have a wee squint in he trucking forum, there are literally hundreds of links to companies (obviously trucking being the main thing) some are operating cranes etc as well!
Good luck
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

waggy660 is an unknown quantity at this point

you will have to redo all your certs and get red seal quals check them on web search doesnt seem to hard ,i looked at it but missus doesnt like snow!!, lots of work onoilsands projects but its worse than an exercise at BATUS!!
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Theres plenty of other crane work not just the oilsands!
At least on BATUS Ex you can baton down and clam your radio doesnt work
Old Feb 1st 2009, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all!!
I have been in touch with a training company, awaiting reply from them they are based in Drayton Valley. She says i can do the conversion course by mail, then do the government test in Canada, this is a practical test. However she is not very "Speedy" with getting the ball rolling. I have researched a couple of transport companies with "Cranes", as yet no reply. If i decide to do the crane course the only differances seem to be that Canada work in feet and inches, we work in the metric ways.
All awaiting the reply from Drayton Valley at the momment, as soon as i can do the Canadian test i may get further with job application. I didnt do exercise at BATUS i was temp staff on winter repair, so i dont know how bad the exercises where. I had to repair all the damage done in the med mans, and had the luxury of my own room and "T" bone steaks etc.
Thanks again All.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Tony 2
Tony (MANCHESTER)
Hi Tony - I have sent you a PM with details of guy who was looking for a Crane Operator. Might be worth dropping him an email. Sam
Old Feb 1st 2009, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: CANADA (Crane Op)

Hi Sam

Thanks will e-mail and let you know, very much appreciated thanks. Tony