Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada consultants

Canada consultants

Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

geetee74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada consultants

I apologise for posting a thread on here if there are already a ton on the subject but I couldn't actually find any. But if anyone has any advice, its very welcome.

I have been considering a move to Canada for years and have visited many times. With the up-coming changes to the skilled work visa it seems my particular occupation now applies.

Just as a furtive first step, I tried an online assessment with Wildy Immigration Consultants (anyone know them?) and I received a very positive response to represent me, although a $99 over the phone eligibility consultation would be required first (is this normal?).

Now, I'm not looking for the pro's and con's of going the consultant route or going solo. There is a lot of info on that on this site. Rather I want to know if there is a page where the legit good consultants can be found and who the bad guys are. Once I know what the big picture is, I'll make a decision then about the path I wish to travel down.

Thanks in advance for any pointer guys, first time forum poster and all that.

Cheers. G.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:03 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada consultants

Wildy are legit
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
Wildy are legit
That's good to know, many thanks for the rapid response!!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If you search the immigration sub forum, you'll find threads with recommendations on.

And you can search for the name of any company you are considering using to see what's been said about them on here in the past.

HTH.
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you search the immigration sub forum, you'll find threads with recommendations on.

And you can search for the name of any company you are considering using to see what's been said about them on here in the past.

HTH.
Splendid!! Again, thanks for the quick response. Its always a bit rubbish being the new kid in class /-;
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

+1 about Wildy. We saw him at a seminar in Birmingham. He told us we were straight forward and didn't need him but to contact him if we ran into any poblems. Can't say fairer than that!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:20 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

This is him. I believe he has a good rep on here.

(although history tells us that being a respected immigration consultant posting on BE might not be a guarantee of honesty or integrity)
Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geetee74
I apologise for posting a thread on here if there are already a ton on the subject but I couldn't actually find any. But if anyone has any advice, its very welcome.

I have been considering a move to Canada for years and have visited many times. With the up-coming changes to the skilled work visa it seems my particular occupation now applies.

Just as a furtive first step, I tried an online assessment with Wildy Immigration Consultants (anyone know them?) and I received a very positive response to represent me, although a $99 over the phone eligibility consultation would be required first (is this normal?).

Now, I'm not looking for the pro's and con's of going the consultant route or going solo. There is a lot of info on that on this site. Rather I want to know if there is a page where the legit good consultants can be found and who the bad guys are. Once I know what the big picture is, I'll make a decision then about the path I wish to travel down.

Thanks in advance for any pointer guys, first time forum poster and all that.

Cheers. G.
You can check to see if an Immigration Consultant is registered here: http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/public.cfm

Old Jan 7th 2013, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by siouxie
You can check to see if an Immigration Consultant is registered here: http://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/public.cfm

Brilliant guys! Really helps a lot. I've lived overseas a few times before but that was when life was a bit more simple.......in other words, I was under 30 and snatching up Holiday Work Visas (-;

Life is still pretty simple, flying solo and no kids involved, so hoping it should be "fairly" uncomplicated compared to others jumping through the emigrating hoops!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:32 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Our immigration agent has performed well also. Rates were fair. They are based in Victoria. PM me if you need info.