Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is Canada better than UK Really ?

Is Canada better than UK Really ?

Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:04 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Canada better than UK Really ?

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
You mean a megafat cow with greasy hair and polyester pants?
Or Artifically slim with pneumatic tits and no brain?
I believe you're thinking of the North of England; except for the slim part, and the pneumatic tits part.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 5:54 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grah
em this isn't a quote its a request
nope, quote. paraphrasing though i admit so i don't fall victim to the quote or my own smugness.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 5:57 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I believe you're thinking of the North of England; except for the slim part, and the pneumatic tits part.
careful. sweeping statement for large part of a country, not appreciated by those who do not fall into this negative and abusive criteria, yet live in the area concerned.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
careful. sweeping statement for large part of a country, not appreciated by those who do not fall into this negative and abusive criteria, yet live in the area concerned.
My regionalism echoes Butch's racism. It's as true of places up north, Birmingham for example, as it is of America.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

ladysurrey is a jewel in the roughladysurrey is a jewel in the roughladysurrey is a jewel in the roughladysurrey is a jewel in the rough

Really the title of this should have been

How can I score more points that the the last poster.

Its getting very petty and boring.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:44 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

My regionalism echoes Butch's racism. It's as true of places up north, Birmingham for example, as it is of America.
My comment was not racist. It was jingoistic perhaps, but certainly not racist. As applied to the US it would apply equally to peoples of European, African, Asian (the WHOLE continent) and Native descent.

Your comment on the other hand could be deemed Racist, as the vast majortity people fitting the description I gave in the Region you gave would be of European Descent.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:45 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladysurrey
Really the title of this should have been

How can I score more points that the the last poster.

Its getting very petty and boring.
So unsubscribe then it's simple enough.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:46 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Your comment on the other hand could be deemed Racist, as the vast majortity people fitting the description I gave in the Region you gave would be of European Descent.
In Birmingham? Surely not.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:47 pm
Banned

In Birmingham? Surely not.
In Birmingham Definitely!!!
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

ladysurrey is a jewel in the roughladysurrey is a jewel in the roughladysurrey is a jewel in the roughladysurrey is a jewel in the rough

So unsubscribe then it's simple enough.
Yawn how many points is that.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:51 pm
Assimilated Pauper

In Birmingham Definitely!!!
The only people I've met from Birmingham, perhaps from all of the North, were called Manjit and Gurdev. The former is bulky, the latter I believe to be enhanced (but I'm not good at spotting, I once blew a fabulous opportunity by too obviously looking for scars). I would not have guessed either of these two to be Europeans.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 6:59 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

The only people I've met from Birmingham, perhaps from all of the North, were called Manjit and Gurdev. The former is bulky, the latter I believe to be enhanced (but I'm not good at spotting, I once blew a fabulous opportunity by too obviously looking for scars). I would not have guessed either of these two to be Europeans.
There are lots of Manjits and Gurdevs born in Europe....making them Europeans.

See how this racism thing works by making assumptions about people based on things like names and how they look
Old Oct 13th 2006, 7:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by iaink
There are lots of Manjits and Gurdevs born in Europe....making them Europeans.

See how this racism thing works by making assumptions about people based on things like names and how they look
Being born in Europe doesn't necessarily make you a European any more than taking citizenship necessarily makes you a Canadian. You'd have to ask the people concerned to self identify.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 7:08 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Maybe some peeps should go here and look at their work in dealing with racism. It's good stuff. Go unlearn, find happiness and insight, yah chill, man we are just a bunch of bags of skin and bone and gloopy stuff.

http://www.unlearn.com/

Rich.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 7:17 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Being born in Europe doesn't necessarily make you a European any more than taking citizenship necessarily makes you a Canadian. You'd have to ask the people concerned to self identify.
My kids were born in Canada, that makes them Canadian whether they like it or not. They may not be what some people preconceive what a Canadian is, but they are still Canadian, in just the same way a person with Asian ancestors but born in Europe is still European.

In fact, with Turkey and some old Eastern Block states joining the EU, Im not sure many people know what makes anyone European anymore.

And besides, did you ask Manjit and Gurdev to "self identify" before "guessing" them to be non european?

No? I didnt think so.

Last edited by iaink; Oct 13th 2006 at 7:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.