Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

canada or australia???

canada or australia???

Old Nov 21st 2008, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all1jemma1 is a name known to all
Default canada or australia???

Hi,
im currently living in the UK but for a while my family and i have been debating over which place would be best for us to move to. we have been to both canada and australia and obviously have our likes and dislikes about both places. was just wondering if there is anyone who has lived in both places and which country you felt was the better. i have seven children aged 21 to 3 so i obvioulsy need to take into account the fact which country will offer them the better life style and opportunities.so if there is anybody who has any opinions i would appreciate it.

thanks
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: canada or australia???

There is a Wiki article for everything............yep, even this question!!

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canada_versus_Australia

Hope it helps.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:22 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Also, one thing that you have to be aware of -your eldest child who is 21 can only accompany you to Canada if aged under 22 and unmarried/not in a common-law partnership. So if you do all want to go to Canada then you need to hurry up as otherwise s/he will have to find their own way there once over 22.

And I've seen from your previous posts that you already have a visa for Australia, so it might be worth reading about how to get one for Canada.............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

Good luck.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed that in several of your previous posts you said that predictable weather and more sunshine is important to you. The winter in many parts of Canada is long and cold. You also indicate that you need big city facilities.

If you really want to consider Canada, with these 2 strong preferences I would venture to say that you probably should only consider Vancouver and even then I would have my doubts about Canada being right for you.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:35 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Taking a leaf out of destinationnovascotia's book, 1jemma1, I looked at your previous posts. I agree with her. I don't think Canada is the place for you. I've lived in Melbourne (and visited Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, etc.), and am not sure if Australia is the right destination for you either. But I'm confident in advising you against Canada.
x