Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can you please help me with this?

Can you please help me with this?

Old Nov 11th 2012, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

loljm232 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you please help me with this?

Right my mum wants to work in another country like new zealand or canada, we are both polish and she has had 25 year experience with her own practice and then she worked for the best practice in poland, after that they have offered her a
Work in sweden, she had to learn fluent swedish and we have been there for 3 years then we decided to move to england because of my schools and better opportunities, we have been in england for 3 years now and there are
So many things that are just not right... Anyway, what qualifications does my mum need, to work for example in canada? Is it hard to get a dentis job there? Is it nice to work there? We already found out bout new zealand and my mum will have interwiev via skype this or the next month, i asked her why not find somink in for example canada? She just said that with her qualifications she wouldnt get a job there but honestly i think with her experience and the fact that she was one of the best dentists in poland i dont think she
Would have so much trouble, what do u think? Please help asap?? Thanks xxx
P.S she has also fully passed the english exam and everyone loves her as a dentist
Old Nov 11th 2012, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you please help me with this?

Originally Posted by loljm232
Right my mum wants to work in another country like new zealand or canada, we are both polish and she has had 25 year experience with her own practice and then she worked for the best practice in poland, after that they have offered her a
Work in sweden, she had to learn fluent swedish and we have been there for 3 years then we decided to move to england because of my schools and better opportunities, we have been in england for 3 years now and there are
So many things that are just not right... Anyway, what qualifications does my mum need, to work for example in canada? Is it hard to get a dentis job there? Is it nice to work there? We already found out bout new zealand and my mum will have interwiev via skype this or the next month, i asked her why not find somink in for example canada? She just said that with her qualifications she wouldnt get a job there but honestly i think with her experience and the fact that she was one of the best dentists in poland i dont think she
P.S she has also fully passed the english exam and everyone loves her as a dentist
Hi,
People like eye catching threads on here. You would be better off using a title such as "options for dentists in Canada" for example...
Good luck with your research. My dentists practice is closed every Friday so it sounds like a good life to me!
Old Nov 11th 2012, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

mimiorange is an unknown quantity at this point

I moved to the UK from Canada ten years ago and plan to move back in five years. I am not sure why your Mom thinks she would not get a job in Canada. I would think she would have no worries but it may take up to a year to get her visa to work there. Canada is cold in the winter so NZ maybe warmer in the winter not sure. Best of Luck.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 4:30 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by mimiorange
I moved to the UK from Canada ten years ago and plan to move back in five years. I am not sure why your Mom thinks she would not get a job in Canada. I would think she would have no worries but it may take up to a year to get her visa to work there. Canada is cold in the winter so NZ maybe warmer in the winter not sure. Best of Luck.
1. I hope that the OP realizes his/her mother would have to re-qualify as a dentist. She would have to take a 2 year qualifying program, and pass the NDEB exam. See: http://www.cicic.ca/en/professions.a...9.21&prof=3113
2. Doing a little math, I would think that your mother is not going to get many points for age if she qualifies pretty close to 0, which is pretty big hit.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 5:58 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Your mum is right she would not get a job here unless she retrained which would cost $$$$$.

Out of curiosity what are the things that are just not right? I know what I find annoying about Canada and wonder what you find annoying about England. Also wondering why you thought England would have better opportunities and schools than Sweden.