Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can I bring Baby to Citizenship Exam

Can I bring Baby to Citizenship Exam

Old Aug 27th 2011, 3:49 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I bring Baby to Citizenship Exam

Originally Posted by LucyLovelock
Ooh was yours the same day as ours? We were last november too, 8am test and then 1pm ceremony!
I think it was November 18th?
Ours was the 30th I think .... didn't see you there!

We were certainly there most of the day ... barely had time for lunch before the ceremony in the afternoon!

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Aug 27th 2011 at 3:53 am.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Budgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really niceBudgie1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by gad33
I took my test in Calgary at the beginning of the month. I arrived at 10.30 and didn't sit the test till about 11.35. You were allowed to leave when you had finished the test.

There were children who were in the testing room and they did make noise at one point.

You and your husband will not be allowed to sit near each other so you won't be able to pass baby back and forth.

There is a small cafe by the testing room so your friend would be able to have a coffee or something while waiting for you.
Hi Everyone,

Just a quite update as to what happened yesterday:

Everyone taking the test lined up we got there at 7:45am (our letter told us to be there at 8am) and there was aleady a long line up.

At 8am they start processing everyone which took a little over an hour. Just confirming your identity and details.

You are then sent into the test room where as gad33 says you have to sit apart from each other (if you are sitting the test with your spouse). Although it seemed we were the only couple to comply with this.

Only once everyone has been processed do they come in and hand out the papers - this is a quick process and the test itself I spent 5 minutes doing it.

NOTE: whilst I had arranged a babysitter, as had a lot of other people, one lady did bring her toddler into the test room in a stroller. The toddler was making noise before the test started but once it started I didn't notice anything. Not sure if the child went quiet or if I just blocked it out.

I do not know what she said to the officials but somehow she was allowed in with the baby.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

You are then sent into the test room where as gad33 says you have to sit apart from each other (if you are sitting the test with your spouse). Although it seemed we were the only couple to comply with this.
Shows how every test is different. When I took mine, they moved people so no one was sitting close to someone else.