Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can children trained nurses work in canada

Can children trained nurses work in canada

Old Dec 29th 2008, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

bexs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can children trained nurses work in canada

Hi my name is becci , im a children's nurse in the uk i have paediatric intensive care experience along with neonatal experience and im currently under taking my degree in neonatal high dependency and intensive care. Can i nurse in canada with this?, as i know that other countries do not recognize children's nursing as a nursing qualification . ANY HELP WOULD BE FAB THANK YOU
Old Dec 29th 2008, 12:07 pm
is Happy

Tanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to beholdTanah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Can children trained nurses work in canada

Originally Posted by bexs
Hi my name is becci , im a children's nurse in the uk i have paediatric intensive care experience along with neonatal experience and im currently under taking my degree in neonatal high dependency and intensive care. Can i nurse in canada with this?, as i know that other countries do not recognize children's nursing as a nursing qualification . ANY HELP WOULD BE FAB THANK YOU
HI Bex

Alimoo would be a good person to ask she works in that area ( in BC) - neonatal intensive care i think - just search her name im sure she wont mind you asking. Other than that I think it varies from province to province - I would contact the different nursing boards and just ask. To be honest I think alot of it depends on what you covererd in your common foundation - if you did enough hours in "adult" you could be ok - but im no expert. sorry cant be more help
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can children trained nurses work in canada

I think you will find that most provinces will look for general trained nurses with hours both theory and practical in all speciality. Some provinces will accept mental health training but not many