Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can anyone tell me about the Canadian Computing Industry, and rate our chances?

Can anyone tell me about the Canadian Computing Industry, and rate our chances?

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 10:31 am
Account Closed

sarah75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone tell me about the Canadian Computing Industry, and rate our chances?

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Yes....definitely rent you home! DO NOT sell.....unless you are 100% certain your move is going to work for good. Im so glad that I didnt sell my house, even if you get jobs sorted pretty soon, you may still find Canada is not for you. Thats my take on it anyway, im sure many others would disagree, I probably am a little bisased as nothing has gone to plan here for at all yet, but havent given up yet. As I believe it was just down to bad timing, but at least I still have my house in the UK, if Im feel it really is time to throw in the towel.
Thank you Paul, good luck!
Old Jan 4th 2010, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

lady lord is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone tell me about the Canadian Computing Industry, and rate our chances?

You've come this far with your visa, if you don't try you might regret. I even found a link for you.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630956

Happy New Year
Old Jan 4th 2010, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

sarah75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lady lord
You've come this far with your visa, if you don't try you might regret. I even found a link for you.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630956

Happy New Year
great, happy new year too
Old Mar 7th 2010, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

capillano is an unknown quantity at this point

Message for Sarah:-

Sorry for the late reply, you mentioned your husband is a Software Architect in the UK, I see you are located in Hampshire, does he work locally or commutes to M4 corridor or London and is he working in a full time or contract position? What profession are you in? Any kids?

Secondly, where in Canada are you planning to settle? i.e Town/Province.

As I am also in a similar line of work once I have your answers to the above I will be able to provide you with some valuable insight into what to expect in Canada.

Last but not least, "DO NOT SALE" your house in the UK. Rent it. I will tell you more once I have your reply.

Cheers.