Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

can anyone help us newbies??? please

can anyone help us newbies??? please

Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:37 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of
Red face can anyone help us newbies??? please

Just a little question....WHAT does AOR mean, Tony and I keep reading it but cant work it out..along with a few of the other abrieviations like LOL..
can anyone enlighten us ? cheers
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:45 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice
Default Re: can anyone help us newbies??? please

Originally Posted by Happydayz
Just a little question....WHAT does AOR mean, Tony and I keep reading it but cant work it out..along with a few of the other abrieviations like LOL..
can anyone enlighten us ? cheers
AOR = Application on Record (I think)

LOL = Laugh(s/ed) Out Loud
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:48 pm
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of
Wink Re: can anyone help us newbies??? please

Originally Posted by Scouse

Thanks.....I LOL when I read what LOL ment!!!!

have a good evening
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:48 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

aaawwwwww... I always read LOL as "lots of love" and now I find people are just "laughing out loud"...................
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:51 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Thanks.....I LOL when I read what LOL ment!!!!

have a good evening
Mmmm!! What were you thinking of, then!!

Last edited by Scouse; Apr 13th 2005 at 10:05 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:02 pm
Jenny & Tony

Thumbs up Re: can anyone help us newbies??? please

Mmmm!! What were you thinking of, then!!

Well we have just been trying to think of a few others... licked our lips, like old ladys, or left our land.....cant wait for the last one to happen....!!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:06 pm
kerri

AOR...........stands for : Acknowledgement Of Receipt

Well we have just been trying to think of a few others... licked our lips, like old ladys, or left our land.....cant wait for the last one to happen....!!

Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:09 pm
Gone Walkabout

Well we have just been trying to think of a few others... left our land.....cant wait for the last one to happen....!!
I know what you mean........there are one or two others here thinking the same.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:12 pm
Gone Walkabout

Originally Posted by kerri
Whooops, thanks Kerri - I stand corrected!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:11 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kerri
Once you submit your application, you receive your AOR (as above). This card gives the date they started to process your application and also your file number for any correspondence etc.

It also states a time by which you may expect to hear from the CHC again, eg up to 15, 18, 21 months or whatever.

Once you have your file number you can waste countless hours checking the status of your application on the online services on the CIC website. It says "in process" for the duration , and alos reminds you of the date when they started to process your file ...... endless fun!!!!

Morw
Old Apr 13th 2005, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

allie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud ofallie2 has much to be proud of

These are ones that I have used in addition to AOR and LOL:

PPR = Passport Request
CRB = Criminal Records Bureau
SIN = Social Insurance Number
FFS = For ***** Sake
ROFL = Roll on floor laughing
TTFN = Ta ta for now
Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:44 am
Jenny & Tony

Talking Re: can anyone help us newbies??? please

Originally Posted by allie2
These are ones that I have used in addition to AOR and LOL:

PPR = Passport Request
CRB = Criminal Records Bureau
SIN = Social Insurance Number
FFS = For ***** Sake
ROFL = Roll on floor laughing
TTFN = Ta ta for now

Cheers for all the info....Tony only sent his application on 8/8/05, so we are just at the start of our LW= long wait, Im sure we will be using the FFS abrieviation countless times along the way, but if we can ROFL every once in a while, then I guess we will KOS=keep on smiling!!!

TTNF AND T.A
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

Cheers for all the info....Tony only sent his application on 8/8/05
Now I would like to see how thats done.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkeye
Now I would like to see how thats done.
I blame the new Dr Who series for the upsurge in time travel...
Old Apr 15th 2005, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I blame the new Dr Who series for the upsurge in time travel...
LOL.. Should have used it to go backwards not forwards though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.