Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calgary Photograph

Calgary Photograph

Old Apr 1st 2004, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Calgary Photograph

Taken on Sunday from a park next to where I live. We're finally getting some decent temperatures! Hit 70 degrees on Tuesday
Attached Thumbnails Calgary Photograph-calgary4.jpg  
Old Apr 30th 2004, 2:12 pm
mickj

Wonder if someone can explain how many of these cows are actually floating around calgary? I was there 2 weeks ago, on a two days course with my company, and noticed a few of these fancy cows when i was out and about.

I remember similar ones in London in the late 90s, there was actually one in the lobby of my work place in the city at that time, and in front of the gallery opposite canada house in tralfalgar square
Attached Thumbnails Calgary Photograph-f8ebbcf6.jpg  

Old Apr 30th 2004, 2:14 pm
mickj

Here is the other one:
Attached Thumbnails Calgary Photograph-f8ebbcf9.jpg  

Old Apr 30th 2004, 7:27 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Photograph

Originally posted by CalgaryAMC
Taken on Sunday from a park next to where I live. We're finally getting some decent temperatures! Hit 70 degrees on Tuesday
Way cool pic - I am assuming that the Rockies are in opposite direction ? Can you usually see 'em on a clear day ?

We have just one day/night Calagary, @ the Westin, heard it is OK and pretty close to main sights and scenes. Hoping to catch a decent steak in Hy's and maybe a beer or ten on 7th or thereabouts - any other recommendations ? Looking for a chilled out but classy kinda place, bar or early evening club maybe. No English/Irish theme pubs, pleeeeease !

Cheers,

Rich.
Old Apr 30th 2004, 7:36 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mickj
Here is the other one:
Kind of like the hundreds of moose that used to roam the streets of toronto! Wonder which came first?

Iain
Attached Thumbnails Calgary Photograph-lookwestyorkville.jpg  
Old May 1st 2004, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

CalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really niceCalgaryAMC is just really nice
Default Re: Calgary Photograph

Originally posted by Rich_007
Way cool pic - I am assuming that the Rockies are in opposite direction ? Can you usually see 'em on a clear day ?
Well, it so happens I did turn around and took another picture the same day

Originally posted by Rich_007
We have just one day/night Calagary, @ the Westin, heard it is OK and pretty close to main sights and scenes. Hoping to catch a decent steak in Hy's and maybe a beer or ten on 7th or thereabouts - any other recommendations ? Looking for a chilled out but classy kinda place, bar or early evening club maybe. No English/Irish theme pubs, pleeeeease !
Take a cab to 17th Avenue, stroll up and down and take your pick. Lots of nice bars on there - all open until the wee hours - and close enough to the nightclubs if you want to move on.
Attached Thumbnails Calgary Photograph-112-1294_img.jpg  
Old May 1st 2004, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by mickj
Wonder if someone can explain how many of these cows are actually floating around calgary? I was there 2 weeks ago, on a two days course with my company, and noticed a few of these fancy cows when i was out and about.
Someone asked this a while ago on this group and I gave this answer:

"Actually someone had an idea of painting model cows, displaying them around town and then auctioning them off to raise money for charity. So you'll find quite a few cows that companies have bought in corporate lobbies downtown. I guess the ones that didn't get bought are still roaming the streets..."
Old May 1st 2004, 9:42 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Here’s a photo looking to the southwest from Calgary’s core – you can see the Rocky Mountains on the horizon.

http://www.globalairphotos.com/large...ore/2003/177/2
Old May 3rd 2004, 8:51 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by oceanMDX
Here’s a photo looking to the southwest from Calgary’s core – you can see the Rocky Mountains on the horizon.
Ocean,

Cool -thanks !
Now, which of those buildings would be the Westin ? [lol]
Old May 3rd 2004, 9:18 am
Lotus-eater

Originally posted by oceanMDX
Ocean,

Cool -thanks !
Now, which of those buildings would be the Westin ? [lol]