Reload this Page >

Calgary Elementary Schools

Calgary Elementary Schools

Old Jul 16th 2012, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

smiley190 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calgary Elementary Schools

Hi,

We are moving to Calgary and I am researching two schools that will be close to us to send my 6 year old to. Does anybody know of these two elementary schools, have any experience with them or know which one would be the best to go with? They both look great to me

St. Henry
Calgary Catholic School District - St. Henry Elementary School

St. Hubert
http://www.cssd.ab.ca/sthubert/

Thanks.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of
Default Re: Calgary Elementary Schools

The schools are pretty much the same here. Are you going to be living in Huntington Hills?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by justkidding
The schools are pretty much the same here. Are you going to be living in Huntington Hills?
Ok. Yep goin to be living in Huntington Hills. Do you know of the area?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

Yes, I live in an newer area north of there. Huntington Hills has some nice parts and some not so nice parts. Have you been there yet? Have you bought a house there or are you renting?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Yes, I live in an newer area north of there. Huntington Hills has some nice parts and some not so nice parts. Have you been there yet? Have you bought a house there or are you renting?
Its an area called Huntertown crescent - is that one of the nice parts?? Where are the not so nice parts?

I haven't been there yet, my partner arrived there a week ago. He's only renting at the minute.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:22 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

We're in Beddington so just North of Huntington and have been looking at elementary schools briefly, though our 4 year old won't be attending until 2013-14.

We like the sound of the Traditional Learning approach which you can get at Dr JK Mulloy in Huntington. Not been to visit it yet, but that is on the list to do this fall. Interested if anyone has any views on the TLCs offered in Calgary.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hobbess
We're in Beddington so just North of Huntington and have been looking at elementary schools briefly, though our 4 year old won't be attending until 2013-14.

We like the sound of the Traditional Learning approach which you can get at Dr JK Mulloy in Huntington. Not been to visit it yet, but that is on the list to do this fall. Interested if anyone has any views on the TLCs offered in Calgary.
Can i ask what is the traditional Learning approach?
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smiley190
Its an area called Huntertown crescent - is that one of the nice parts?? Where are the not so nice parts?

I haven't been there yet, my partner arrived there a week ago. He's only renting at the minute.
You should be ok there. I think the not so nice part is the south west part of Huntington Hills.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

You should be ok there. I think the not so nice part is the south west part of Huntington Hills.
Phew!! Thanks for that, ill make sure to stay clear of that area.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:42 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Can i ask what is the traditional Learning approach?
http://www.cbe.ab.ca/programs/Choices/prog-tlc.asp

That's the link to the full info. Essentially it means uniforms, sitting facing the teacher with whole class lessons and more focus on an academic approach.

Kind of a bit more like what you might have known growing up depending on your age, but given that I'm "only" 33 that's a bit of a throw away comment!
Old Jul 17th 2012, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Phew!! Thanks for that, ill make sure to stay clear of that area.
Whoops, I meant south east area of Huntington Hills. I actually don't think it is all that bad just some trailers / modular homes and some low income housing.
Old Jul 17th 2012, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Whoops, I meant south east area of Huntington Hills. I actually don't think it is all that bad just some trailers / modular homes and some low income housing.
ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.