Calgary

Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

knightstorm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calgary

hi guys,

new to the forum, got a job offer as a Plumber in Calgary, and am just completing the work permit, and visa form.

it's a big step but looking forward to it.

anyone have any helpfull info. or links to any helpfull threads.

cheers

mike.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

lisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud oflisadd has much to be proud of
Default Re: Calgary

Hello and welcome to BE!

Lots of help and advice on here and plenty of lovely people to help you!

Hope all goes well

Lisa dd
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:35 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

The Wiki is your friend
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:05 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, Mike, and welcome to the BE forum.

In addition to the link to the Canada section of the Wiki that Brownstar gave you, I thought I would give you a link to the ten Wiki articles on Calgary.

Hope that helps.
x
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the quick responses

looks like i've got some reading to do
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi knightstorm,

A very warm welcome to BE from just down the road from Calgary in Okotoks.

St Helens eh...Janet was born in Rainhill and her Dad is a big Saints fan who also used to live in Prescot Road and work at the Pilkington Glass factory there!

For a little taste of life here, our blogs (links in the signature line below) may help.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by knightstorm
hi guys,

new to the forum, got a job offer as a Plumber in Calgary, and am just completing the work permit, and visa form.

it's a big step but looking forward to it.

anyone have any helpfull info. or links to any helpfull threads.

cheers

mike.
Hi Mike,

Congratulations on the job offer, I bet you are over the moon. We made the move ourselves in 2006 (with two young sons) and have never looked back.

We live in great community called Okotoks www.okotoks.ca which is just south of Calgary.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Good luck.

Eddie & Julie
Old Nov 24th 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome: I need the tap in my shower fixed!

Welcome to Calgary. It's a great city. You're going to have to learn to say,

GO Stamps!!!

The Calgary Stampeders ("football" team) won the Grey cup this weekend!

75% of everyone here is from somewhere else so make yourself at home!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jen246 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My OH has been offered a plumbing job in Calgary also, we have just got the LMO through today!! WE are hoping to be out there Feb time just trying to sort out the two houses and the dog!! We are trying to find some where to live Okotoks is looking like the place we'll set up at first.

We are planning on getting the work permit on arrival at Calgary so we dont have to wait around for CHC in London, means we can go whenever we are ready!

I'm sure everything will go well and i wish you all the luck, maybe we'll meet over there! If i can help at all let me know.

Jen
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen246
Hi,

My OH has been offered a plumbing job in Calgary also, we have just got the LMO through today!! WE are hoping to be out there Feb time just trying to sort out the two houses and the dog!! We are trying to find some where to live Okotoks is looking like the place we'll set up at first.

We are planning on getting the work permit on arrival at Calgary so we dont have to wait around for CHC in London, means we can go whenever we are ready!

I'm sure everything will go well and i wish you all the luck, maybe we'll meet over there! If i can help at all let me know.

Jen
Hi Jen,

At last, we are going to be sorted for plumbers around here! Congratulations on getting the LMO through. Your new life is just around the corner.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jen246 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks!!! Really excited now, just want to get there!!! If you dont mind i might PM you nearer to the time with questions about Okotoks i'm going to have a look through your blogs now! More reading!!!! Thanks again.

Jen
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jen246
Thanks!!! Really excited now, just want to get there!!! If you dont mind i might PM you nearer to the time with questions about Okotoks i'm going to have a look through your blogs now! More reading!!!! Thanks again.

Jen
Of course. Anytime...indeed, check your PM inbox. Enjoy the blogs - lots more updates coming soon. Fairly light reading but we hope, reasonably informative all the same.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

i could possibly be over in Feb. too

just waiting for the LMO, then the Police checks.

nice to see some people from St. helens have took the plunge also.

i'll be going over on my own first, then the mrs' will be following me after that, accompanied by my two sons, one who is also a Plumber,and his fiance, and one a student. and the Dog.

look forward to reading the bloggs, just got a lot of paperwork to do now
Old Nov 24th 2008, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by knightstorm
i could possibly be over in Feb. too

just waiting for the LMO, then the Police checks.

nice to see some people from St. helens have took the plunge also.

i'll be going over on my own first, then the mrs' will be following me after that, accompanied by my two sons, one who is also a Plumber,and his fiance, and one a student. and the Dog.

look forward to reading the bloggs, just got a lot of paperwork to do now
Hi Mike,

Fingers crossed the LMO all comes through OK.

You wont be the first re coming out along with family members to follow. A number of people we're encountering at present are tackling things that way. Hope you get something out of the blogs. Have also dropped you a Private Message. You should see an indicator about it somewhere on the top right hand corner of your Expats screen.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.