Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

To Buy mobile phone in uk or toronto?

To Buy mobile phone in uk or toronto?

Old May 4th 2010, 4:42 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all
Default Re: To Buy mobile phone in uk or toronto?

Originally Posted by R I C H
I don't know if this is a particularly good price or not, as I didn't shop around (Rogers is my only option through my employer) but I got this deal yesterday after my Blackberry expired:

Apple iPhone 3G 32GB, $99.00 + gst/pst

$36.00/month 1.5 GB Data Service Plan. 300 free anytime minutes p/mth. Contracted for 3yrs.
Sounds like a good deal apart from the 3yr contract bit - 3yrs is far too long to be tied to one phone in my opinion.
Old May 4th 2010, 4:52 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manningl
Sounds like a good deal apart from the 3yr contract bit - 3yrs is far too long to be tied to one phone in my opinion.
Then be prepared to pay a lot more for your phone.
Old May 4th 2010, 5:02 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sgbolt
Can anyone advise. My mobile phone is broken here and I am not on a contract. I would like a phone with internet access (iphone or blackberrry etc..) would it be to buy one here and take to toronto (next 3 weeks) or wait till I get there. Thanks

ps anything else worth purchasing here that is pricey in toronto before I come
Here's the Rogers' link to their cellphone site.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...+11+4294967107
Old May 4th 2010, 5:35 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manningl
Apparently I can opt out after 12 months and then decide how much to get stung for with the next phone. I only had the Blackberry for 12 months, and the iphone deal is what they offered me after coming out of the other contract 24 months early, so it's not so bad really.
Old May 4th 2010, 9:16 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by R I C H
Apparently I can opt out after 12 months and then decide how much to get stung for with the next phone. I only had the Blackberry for 12 months, and the iphone deal is what they offered me after coming out of the other contract 24 months early, so it's not so bad really.
O - that definitely sounds a lot better then
Old May 5th 2010, 12:36 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

You might also want to consider whether a UK mobile is compatible in Canada, my Mum had to buy a new phone when she went to the States for a year as her UK one wouldn't work. Mind you it was a basic model.