Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

But she seems to look like a good mother.

But she seems to look like a good mother.

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default But she seems to look like a good mother.

So how many of our daughters look like the girl in the picture?
I mean seriously what do some of these young girls and guys think of in todays society. Oh thats it they dont think and its not their fault they become a screw up its always somebody elses fault or the system is to blame.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/20.../19830826.html

Im glad I didnt grow up in todays age.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:41 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: But she seems to look like a good mother.

kudos to the safety feature of that babyseat. Its shocking how some people can just have these children without much effort and other more careful loving would be parents have so much heartache.
Maybe that child has more chances of a normal life now without marijuana
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

But isnt marijuana just a social drug and causes no harm so therefore should be legal and the Police can stop wasting their time in dealing with this problem. Surely nobody would be suggesting that the marijuana somehow contributed to her state of mind at the time she left the baby on the roof.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

I once left my mobile phone (brick) filo-fax (yes) and my wedding ring on the roof of my car and drove off, and I wasn't even on drugs back then!

Neighbour found the filo-fax, I found my now square ring along the road, but I was blackmailed by some scumbags to get my phone back.

Since then I've NEVER left my kids on the roof
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 4:17 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

So people with hair perceived as different are bad parents, or bad people in general?

Myra Hindley looked to have quite stylish and normal hair for her time so I don't see your point
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 4:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by el_richo
So people with hair perceived as different are bad parents, or bad people in general?

Myra Hindley looked to have quite stylish and normal hair for her time so I don't see your point
Not at all. Im not sure how old you are or where you grew up but in the 60s and 70s females were not as prominent with bright pink/red hair or all of the colours of the rainbow as we normally see today. They were also less prone to have the visible array of tattoos all over their bodies on display for everyone to see.
None of this makes anyone a bad parent per se just different times and how society has changed and what is now acceptable.
So without knowing a person or what type of person they are isnt the visualization of a person sometimes a factor on how we perceive what type of person they are.
So when your daughter brings home her new beau and he has several dozen piercings, tatts and ripped clothing what is your initial impression of him?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:02 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You can't (and shouldn't) judge a book by it's cover.

Hair colour, tattoo's, piercings - they are just people expressing themselves... it doesn't reflect on who they are as a person.

My son's girlfriend has a couple of tattoo's, purple streaks in her hair... and she is awesome.

Judge not less ye be judged!

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
So when your daughter brings home her new beau and he has several dozen piercings, tatts and ripped clothing what is your initial impression of him?
I generally don't have a problem with tats and peircings. I'm un-vandalised myself, but sometimes when I see these circus freaks with metal through every floppy part of their bodies, I do think "what exactly are you trying to say to me?" because I just think "what a fanny" lol.

I especially dislike the wannabe bikers, with their death thrash punk metal T-shirts and their "never-seen-a-motobike" leather jackets, who couldn't tell the difference between a piston and a strap-on

I view the bright hair colour brigade the same as the overly enhanced breast brigade; If you don't want me to stare, don't push them in my face
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:11 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all. Im not sure how old you are or where you grew up but in the 60s and 70s females were not as prominent with bright pink/red hair or all of the colours of the rainbow as we normally see today. They were also less prone to have the visible array of tattoos all over their bodies on display for everyone to see.
None of this makes anyone a bad parent per se just different times and how society has changed and what is now acceptable.
So without knowing a person or what type of person they are isnt the visualization of a person sometimes a factor on how we perceive what type of person t
I know a few people like that. Some are nice and some are arseholes. I'll judge a beau all the same once I get to know them. I've never been one to let first impressions rule my opinion.

The wording in your initial post implied you believe all young people who look differently to your perception of an upstanding member of society are a bit dodgy. I guess that's not what you meant.

Back in the 60's would Myra Hindley have passed your initial impression on looks alone?

I imagine those who grew up in the 20's thought the same of you in the 60's and 70'
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 8:55 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

But regardless what she looks like, she left her baby on the roof of her car and didnt even notice that the child wasnt in the car, or that worse he had fallen off the roof. I dont care if anyone chooses to smoke marijuana, as long as they are not "out of it" constantly as thats just ridiculous. BUT I do object to babies and children being exposed to it, that is just all round wrong.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

its just like that bit in Roald Dahl's "Matilda"
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

None of this makes anyone a bad parent per se
Pretty much every time you say something on here, I cant help but think "what an absolute tool". Sorry.

And I've never even met you.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jericho
Pretty much every time you say something on here, I cant help but think "what an absolute tool". Sorry.

And I've never even met you.
Thats the beauty of the internet isnt it
There again I dont suppose you read most of my posts in the Immigration forum then. On that forum apparently Im a pretty useful tool.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 2:39 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

There again I dont suppose you read most of my posts in the Immigration forum then. On that forum apparently Im a pretty useful tool.
Are you an expert on Immigration then?

Or just a spanner in the works.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 6:00 am
Account Closed

I have to agree. I think you are my favourite tool in my box!

Funny how some folk just don't click.

I have put 7 faulty tools in my ignore list so far

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.