Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Business Explorations??

Business Explorations??

Old Aug 30th 2006, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud of
Default Business Explorations??

Hi everyone,

Either myself or my hubby will be coming over to Toronto in the very near future to have a scout around, it'll only be for a week or so, lots to see in a little time.

I have heard that in Toronto you can go to special Business Class meetings where they can point you in the right directiosn, regarding Tax, both Federal & Provincial (if I've got that right) and other things regarding setting up or running an existing business. Or Participation in Business Immigration Initiatives administered jointly by the Federal & Provincial Governmants?

Can anyoone point me?

Also, what else would you recommend me paying a visit?

Thanks in advance

Evy

PS: whats the weather like in Ontario mid - November??
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:07 am
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future
Default Re: Business Explorations??

I remember attending the business seminar (roughly 3 years ago) when i did my research trip.

Was useful to me at the time. It used to be held each tuesday and the number I had was 001-416-325-6976 (hope thats still valid).

hth
Mans
Old Aug 31st 2006, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Mr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud ofMr & Mrs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mans
I remember attending the business seminar (roughly 3 years ago) when i did my research trip.

Was useful to me at the time. It used to be held each tuesday and the number I had was 001-416-325-6976 (hope thats still valid).

hth
Mans
]

Hi Mans,

Was it with these people?

http://www.2ontario.com/bi/bi_seminars.asp

If isn't it only for Landed Immigrants? Is there anything for people considering the Business/ Entrepeneur route.

Regards

Evy
Old Aug 31st 2006, 1:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs
]

Hi Mans,

Was it with these people?

http://www.2ontario.com/bi/bi_seminars.asp

If isn't it only for Landed Immigrants? Is there anything for people considering the Business/ Entrepeneur route.

Regards

Evy
In the link the same phone number mentioned by mans is used. It says they have seminars for both prospective business immigrants and for recently landed business immigrants. That is as simple as anything Ontario government related ever gets, so if you find it at all unclear, give up now!

Last edited by dbd33; Aug 31st 2006 at 1:30 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
In the link the same phone number mentioned by mans is used. It says they have seminars for both prospective business immigrants and for recently landed business immigrants. That is as simple as anything Ontario government related ever gets, so if you find it at all unclear, give up now!
How terribly remiss of me :scared: I'd better give up right now

Evy makes note in diary dbd33 "If witty retorts are needed go to this guy his a real peach"

Evy
Old Aug 31st 2006, 2:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

How terribly remiss of me :scared: I'd better give up right now

Evy makes note in diary dbd33 "If witty retorts are needed go to this guy his a real peach"

Evy
Welcome to the dbd33 fan club Evy. Eventually you'll grow to love him.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Welcome to the dbd33 fan club Evy. Eventually you'll grow to love him.
Ya never know!

Evy
Old Aug 31st 2006, 4:08 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ya never know!

Evy

OK, OK, I was a bit sarky but I thought the number being the same was useful to know. I have a business in Toronto so, if you have specific questions, I might be able to answer those helpfully (if not pleasantly).
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

OK, OK, I was a bit sarky but I thought the number being the same was useful to know. I have a business in Toronto so, if you have specific questions, I might be able to answer those helpfully (if not pleasantly).
Didn't even notice the phone number as it looks like a bar code I've seen on food in the grocery stores and just glossed right over it. I was more into reading the main content, to which I must add I did very fleetingly (before someone reminds me) but this is not in anyway a lack of brain cells, just a touch of dizzy blondness and maybe some wine!

I knew you'd be a true gent dbd33

Evy
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

I knew you'd be a true gent dbd33

Evy
That may be optimistic. Still, what sort of business are you considering?
Old Aug 31st 2006, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

That may be optimistic. Still, what sort of business are you considering?
Well............as simple as it may sound I would like to run my own B&B. I would like to cook, entertain and meet people from every where as I am a natterbox My other ambition is to run a Hockey shop, I know English lady running a Hockey shop, you'd never believe it. I did see one recently just outside Ottawa, closest competition 50 kms, good price and great figures and I just went like jelly when I saw it as I love Hockey to death. I have run/owned a Care home for the elderly for 9 years and also run a 60 dog boarding kennels for 5 years, so working with the general public I'd like to continue. My hubby is a class 1 lorry driver and hopes to drive in Canada when we get there.

So thats me, gutsy, always up for a challenge, direct, ambitious and with a sense of humour.

Cordially

Evy
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Well............as simple as it may sound I would like to run my own B&B. I would like to cook, entertain and meet people from every where as I am a natterbox My other ambition is to run a Hockey shop, I know English lady running a Hockey shop, you'd never believe it. I did see one recently just outside Ottawa, closest competition 50 kms, good price and great figures and I just went like jelly when I saw it as I love Hockey to death. I have run/owned a Care home for the elderly for 9 years and also run a 60 dog boarding kennels for 5 years, so working with the general public I'd like to continue. My hubby is a class 1 lorry driver and hopes to drive in Canada when we get there.

So thats me, gutsy, always up for a challenge, direct, ambitious and with a sense of humour.

Cordially

Evy
A hockey shop? Like for ice hockey? One of those places that deals in those sweaty smelly pads and stuff? That seems like embracing the Canadian lifestyle a little too enthusiastically.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

A hockey shop? Like for ice hockey? One of those places that deals in those sweaty smelly pads and stuff? That seems like embracing the Canadian lifestyle a little too enthusiastically.
Oh God I absolutley love it, both my boys eat, breathe & live it. Smelly gloves and pads can't get enough dbd33 Besides my eldest wants to play for the Maple leafs and after last seasons efforts they could do with all the help they can get this season! I'll keep slurping the wine! But yes a Hockey shop of the Ice variety. Or a B&B real close to say the Corel Centre or Air Canada Centre, 2 birds with 1 stone!!

Evy
Old Aug 31st 2006, 6:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Oh God I absolutley love it, both my boys eat, breathe & live it. Smelly gloves and pads can't get enough dbd33 Besides my eldest wants to play for the Maple leafs and after last seasons efforts they could do with all the help they can get this season! I'll keep slurping the wine! But yes a Hockey shop of the Ice variety. Or a B&B real close to say the Corel Centre or Air Canada Centre, 2 birds with 1 stone!!

Evy
<horrible memories of the kids ice hockey flood back. Moss Park at 5:00 am, every Tuesday, homeless people crowding into the rink to get warm. The ice palace in Mississauga at midnight the same day watching them take the ice again. Tournaments all the way out at York University meaning leaving before going to bed. The stink in the car. Constantly having to replace stolen equipment. Middle daughter swinging her stick horizontally into the neck of the other team's big scorer; her coach cheering and embracing her for it while I imagined being sued for a broken neck. Parents throwing objects on to the ice, swearing and spitting at the ref. Eldest daughter getting her face stitched after being punched in a brawl. The heroes, John Kordic, Chris Nilan, the Hanson brothers, I suppose now Ty Domi, none of them as wholesome as Keef Richards. It all seems very unpleasant to me; boxing on skates.>
Old Aug 31st 2006, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

<horrible memories of the kids ice hockey flood back. Moss Park at 5:00 am, every Tuesday, homeless people crowding into the rink to get warm. The ice palace in Mississauga at midnight the same day watching them take the ice again. Tournaments all the way out at York University meaning leaving before going to bed. The stink in the car. Constantly having to replace stolen equipment. Middle daughter swinging her stick horizontally into the neck of the other team's big scorer; her coach cheering and embracing her for it while I imagined being sued for a broken neck. Parents throwing objects on to the ice, swearing and spitting at the ref. Eldest daughter getting her face stitched after being punched in a brawl. The heroes, John Kordic, Chris Nilan, the Hanson brothers, I suppose now Ty Domi, none of them as wholesome as Keef Richards. It all seems very unpleasant to me; boxing on skates.>
You make it sound adorable, but seriously what about the downsides?

Evy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.