Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Burlington Ont

Burlington Ont

Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

DHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the rough
Default Burlington Ont

Hey there,
We have been in burlington for just over a year and l still have not met anyone of my age group 40's l have met loads of people that have been here for years 30 or so but no new comers.
If there is anyone out there that is fairly new to the area and fancy a coffee let me know.
Deb
Old Apr 26th 2009, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

happylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant futurehappylandings has a brilliant future
Default Re: Burlington Ont

Hi DHammond,

We live in BC, but just wanted to say Hi.

With the vastness of BE, someone should be along soon, I think, who's nearby you.

Have you looked at clubs, Tai Chi to running clubs, for like minded company?

Wishing you All the Best.
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DHammond
Hey there,
We have been in burlington for just over a year and l still have not met anyone of my age group 40's l have met loads of people that have been here for years 30 or so but no new comers.
If there is anyone out there that is fairly new to the area and fancy a coffee let me know.
Deb

Hi Deb,

Although I am not moving to Burlington, i'll only be an hour away in Waterloo, we are moving out mid-June. Happy to meet up when we get there!

Michelle
Old Apr 26th 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

tilly1626 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Deb
I am in Oakville, we have been here nearly 2 years and I am always good for a chat and a coffee, will send you a pm.
Dawn
Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

nagajara is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Burlington Ont

Hey there,
Deb

Hi Deb,

I'm in Brantford - we have been here for around 18months - would love to meet up. Often through at Ikea. Gimme a PM!!!

Gail
Old Apr 26th 2009, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

claire blackburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya

We are looking to move to Burlington in early August - student visa application went in last week. How did you decide what was the best areas to move to. We are coming over for five days at the beginning of May for a reccie and any tips on areas to focus on would be helpful. We have one daughter who would start grade one in September so any schools you could recommend would also be helpful.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

DHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the roughDHammond is a jewel in the rough

Hi Claire,
We came to Burlington as myself and my husband both have family here.
As far as schools for your daughter l am not too sure as my boys are a lot older.
If you do come over, let me know and we can get together.
All the best
Deb
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Gail will become famous soon enoughGail will become famous soon enough

Hey there,
Deb
Have a look at the British Expat group at meetup.com

They meet in downtown Toronto once a month and there is a wide age range. They have also started a group in Hamilton.

It's usually a good night out so give it a go
Old Apr 28th 2009, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

Silverkat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey there,
Deb
Hi Deb,
We're arriving mid june in Hamilton, and we are in our 40's !
Do you remember us ? We talked on here about a year ago. We have two sons the same age as yours, who are probably gonna get bored with the house hunting this summer !
It would be nice to meet up at some point this summer and wind down over a coffee and let the boys have a bit of fun.
We are actually looking for a temporary rental, we're not having much success in finding something reasonable for the four of us and our two cats.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 2:22 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I will be arriving mid May. We have bought a house in Burlington - so my kettle will be on if you fancy a cuppa
Old Apr 30th 2009, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jacq & Brian,

That sounds great, good luck with the move, you are so going to love it here and you are coming at a great time of the year.
l see you are from Kent, l was from Surrey but l was living in Essex when we left.
Tea, not sugar with milk!!
Keep in touch
Deb
Old May 1st 2009, 8:44 am

Hi Jacq & Brian,

That sounds great, good luck with the move, you are so going to love it here and you are coming at a great time of the year.
l see you are from Kent, l was from Surrey but l was living in Essex when we left.
Tea, not sugar with milk!!
Keep in touch
Deb
Thanks Deb - cant wait to go now, had the shippers round yesterday it all seems so real now!

I am bringing a stock of british tea bags with me and have told my family not to bother getting off the plane in Toronto if they have got tetley tea bags in their suit case.
Old May 1st 2009, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

TheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura aboutTheGrizzlyHattons has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jacq & Brian do you not like the Tetley tea here?

I live just south of Burlington but do not fit in that age bracket

Last edited by TheGrizzlyHattons; May 1st 2009 at 3:47 pm. Reason: added more
Old May 1st 2009, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by TheGrizzlyHattons
Hi Jacq & Brian do you not like the Tetley tea here?

I live just south of Burlington but do not fit in that age bracket
I think someone told me that you either cant get Tetley or it was only available in "English" shops and very expensive.

Is that not true? if not I wont bother running round like a lunatic stocking up
Old May 1st 2009, 4:39 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacq & Brian
I think someone told me that you either cant get Tetley or it was only available in "English" shops and very expensive.

Is that not true? if not I wont bother running round like a lunatic stocking up
Not true. It is readily available in just about any grocery store. Certainly in Superstore and Sobeys. It is no more expensive than other brands. I have been buying it for many many years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.