Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Are Budgerigars popular in Canada?

Are Budgerigars popular in Canada?

Old May 19th 2005, 6:25 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice
Default Are Budgerigars popular in Canada?

Strange question perhaps, but I would be interested to know if 'Budgies' are as popular in Canada as they are in the UK?
Old May 19th 2005, 6:27 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Budgerigars popular in Canada?

Originally Posted by Scouse
Strange question perhaps, but I would be interested to know if 'Budgies' are as popular in Canada as they are in the UK?
Not really - most people know them as Parakeets here. I have two though - Fat and Ugly.
Old May 19th 2005, 6:30 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Originally Posted by dingbat
Not really - most people know them as Parakeets here. I have two though - Fat and Ugly.
Amusing little birds, aren't they!! A rose by any other name, and all that!......
Old May 19th 2005, 6:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
We had two cockatiels, Chicken and Shit. They flew free around the house and I always hoped they'd escape.
Old May 19th 2005, 6:39 pm
Gone Walkabout

Originally Posted by dbd33
We had two cockatiels, Chicken and Shit. They flew free around the house and I always hoped they'd escape.
Mine is sitting (Sh*tting??) on my head at the moment....too bloody spoilt to even think about escaping!!
Old May 19th 2005, 6:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is sitting (Sh*tting??) on my head at the moment....too bloody spoilt to even think about escaping!!
They never did escape, eventually we gave them away, which is how we came by them in the first place. God I hated those birds !

I can't answer the original question but all the pet stores keep budgies and related equipment so someone must like birds as pets.

Last edited by dbd33; May 19th 2005 at 6:46 pm.
Old May 19th 2005, 6:45 pm
Gone Walkabout

They never did escape, eventually we gave them away, which is how we came by them in the first place. God I hated those birds !
They are really nice with a bit of sage and onion stuffing (so I've been told!!).
Old May 19th 2005, 6:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

They are really nice with a bit of sage and onion stuffing (so I've been told!!).
No meat on them. It'd be like messing around with quail or cornish hen. Beer Can Chicken or Deep Fried Turkey, that's proper poultry.
Old May 19th 2005, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Beer Can Chicken or Deep Fried Turkey, that's proper poultry.
What the flippin eck is Beer can chicken?
Old May 19th 2005, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

tobyjug is an unknown quantity at this point

Noooooooooooo how can you say that about a bird, I have a cockatiel called max, he's my baby and i'm gonna miss him as i dont think it's fair to take him half way across the world, as we will have to be in hotel 1st then rented accomadation, and most of the houses are open-planned. so I made the decision to find a new home for him. and yes they do c##p all over the place, and chew the wallpaper, wooden picture frames walkman wires, video cases, bite your feet, and omg am i really gonna miss him ????? lol
Pat
Old May 19th 2005, 7:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
What the flippin eck is Beer can chicken?
It's a method of barbecuing, you need a can of beer about the size of the chicken's cavity. The first time we tried this I took the chicken to the beer store to measure, now we use the tall cans of Keith's and what I suppose to be a standard sized chicken.

Ideally one should have a purpose built stand for the beer can, Home Depot sell them in Colorado but not here. If you have one the chicken can stand up without touching the grill, if not some balancing is required. Bang some holes in the side of the can. Insert can into chicken. Stick chicken on grill, cover and wait.

Here's one of ours :

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...6&x=1&y=kptw8q

Here's a more formal recipe :

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/loa...3172623646.html

And here is the ultimate BBQ talkboard :

http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/

Last edited by dbd33; May 19th 2005 at 7:04 pm.
Old May 19th 2005, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

It's a method of barbecuing, you need a can of beer about the size of the chicken's cavity. The first time we tried this I took the chicken to the beer store to measure, now we use the tall cans of Keith's and what I suppose to be a standard sized chicken.

Ideally one should have a purpose built stand for the beer can, Home Depot sell them in Colorado but not here. If you have one the chicken can stand up without touching the grill, if not some balancing is required. Bang some holes in the side of the can. Insert can into chicken. Stick chicken on grill, cover and wait.

Here's a more formal recipe :

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/loa...3172623646.html

And here is the ultimate BBQ talkboard :

http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/
I Can't get the piccy...would love to see it...I'm thinking..right put on a carribean accent...and say "Beer Can Chicken".....Bacon chicken..whats that...a packet of crisps??? Anyway if you wouldn't mind sending a picture... ...Got to go "Wifeswap2...Not literally!!!
Old May 19th 2005, 7:09 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
I Can't get the piccy...would love to see it...I'm thinking..right put on a carribean accent...and say "Beer Can Chicken".....Bacon chicken..whats that...a packet of crisps??? Anyway if you wouldn't mind sending a picture... ...Got to go "Wifeswap2...Not literally!!!
I don't know how to insert a picture into a pm. Send something to [email protected] and I'll respond.
Old May 19th 2005, 7:36 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Two discussions about beer can chicken in two days! Dear God, we're a sad bunch.

The mind boggles at the thought of beer can budgie. You'd need a jar of vaseline, for sure, and probably some duct tape.
Old May 19th 2005, 7:47 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, how dissappointing! I thought a "Budgerigar" was going to be something rude and I was going to learn some new slang .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.