Wikiposts

bubble bath

Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:01 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bubble bath

Originally Posted by sysclp
Oh yes, and here it is dish detergent and not washing up liquid.
And not always that. Last night I looked under the sink for something to squirt on a dirty pot. The usual brownish yellow stuff was gone but there was a bottle of blue stuff. I studied it to see if it could be used for pots, it didn't say "washing up liquid" but then it didn't say "dish detergent" either. It said "Palmolive - Aroma Therapy", I sniffed it but felt no more healthy so I put it back and cleaned the pot with a Brillo pad.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:08 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
And not always that. Last night I looked under the sink for something to squirt on a dirty pot. The usual brownish yellow stuff was gone but there was a bottle of blue stuff. I studied it to see if it could be used for pots, it didn't say "washing up liquid" but then it didn't say "dish detergent" either. It said "Palmolive - Aroma Therapy", I sniffed it but felt no more healthy so I put it back and cleaned the pot with a Brillo pad.

I found that the aroma therapy stuff didn't have much effect so I've switched to one containing vitamin E and aloe. Apparently it's good for sensitive skin. I'll try it next time I get sunburn.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:19 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Ah, glad you're about. I was meaning to ask you a question. Do you have any experience of the Strathcona Hotel in Toronto (over and above what might be on its website)?
Ah, the Strath. It's been a while, (seven years I think) but it was spectacularly and delightfully rough. We went there for a while after the Old Vic got renovated and stopped serving beer in four ounce glasses (remember that ? You'd each order a tray). The Strath was quite a step down, I attended a stag night there and was among a stampede of people trying to get rid of tickets for fear of winning the door prize.

The website makes it look smartly renovated, which it may be. It's certainly conveniently located. If it's just for a weekend and it's reasonably priced I might try it, there's lots of stuff around there so it'd only have to be a place to sleep.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:28 am
Assimilated Pauper

I found that the aroma therapy stuff didn't have much effect so I've switched to one containing vitamin E and aloe. Apparently it's good for sensitive skin. I'll try it next time I get sunburn.

I chuckled particularly at the aroma therapy one because the dbd name derives from a furious argument I was having on the phone with the ex. She wanted me to pay for the opinion of a second aromatherapist for one of the kids as the first aromatherapist's therapies had failed to alter the child's condition. I baulked at that because the therapist was somewhere on the west coast and I didn't want to pay the airfare. At the time I was pondering suitable internet names, another child looked up from the floor and commented "you're such a deadbeat dad, you may as well call yourself that".

If only aroma therapy had come in the dish soap back then life would be so different today.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:35 am

Ah, the Strath. It's been a while, (seven years I think) but it was spectacularly and delightfully rough. We went there for a while after the Old Vic got renovated and stopped serving beer in four ounce glasses (remember that ? You'd each order a tray). The Strath was quite a step down, I attended a stag night there and was among a stampede of people trying to get rid of tickets for fear of winning the door prize.

The website makes it look smartly renovated, which it may be. It's certainly conveniently located. If it's just for a weekend and it's reasonably priced I might try it, there's lots of stuff around there so it'd only have to be a place to sleep.
Ta for that. I wondered why it was the cheapest on the conference list. It appealed to me at first because it's small but I think I'll go for one of the known quantities.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:44 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, glad you're about. I was meaning to ask you a question. Do you have any experience of the Strathcona Hotel in Toronto (over and above what might be on its website)?
My parents stayed at the Strath last time they were here on a stopover. Said it was reasonable and would stay again. Good downtown location too. Cant beat it for the price.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:45 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Mrs Rich is already complaining about the scratch factor
Need to let it get a bit longer...then it will just tickle
Old Dec 12th 2005, 12:46 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by iaink
My parents stayed at the Strath last time they were here on a stopover. Said it was reasonable and would stay again. Good downtown location too. Cant beat it for the price.
The location is excellent. I mentioned the Old Vic, which was also once rough but which I know isn't anymore, that might also be worth a look :

http://www.canadianhotelguide.com/ca...tel-hotel.html
Old Dec 12th 2005, 1:09 am

The location is excellent. I mentioned the Old Vic, which was also once rough but which I know isn't anymore, that might also be worth a look :

http://www.canadianhotelguide.com/ca...tel-hotel.html
I think I'll give the Strath a miss. The bar looks a bit of a dive. I'm attending a convention, so a decent bar is a must. That rule also means the Cambridge Suites (the most expensive place on the list) is also out (no bar). So, I'm left to choose between the Hilton, Holiday Inn, Radisson and Sheraton. All pretty much the same, I imagine, although the Radisson isn't on the PATH, so that's no good.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

I buy bubble bath at Loblaws or Dominion or Shopper's Drug Mart. Shopper's is more expensive but is open 24 hours; I only go there if it's an emergency.
It doesn't say "bubble bath" on the bottle, I would guess there's some legal problem with that, but it does make bubbles. It comes in bottles of about a gallon and is offered in numerous fruit flavours; I've noticed that the dog is more keen to drink the bath water if the blue bubble bath is used (not sure what fruit that's supposed to be). Bubble bath doesn't cost very much, less than five bucks anyway.
If I used that kind, I would probably come out itching and covered with a rash. I suspect the kind the original poster was looking for was the adult type with skin conditioner and such and not the kids type. It is nice to take a soak in a hot, foamin, fragrant tub from time to time, especially when it is cold outside.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

I think I'll give the Strath a miss. The bar looks a bit of a dive. I'm attending a convention, so a decent bar is a must. That rule also means the Cambridge Suites (the most expensive place on the list) is also out (no bar). So, I'm left to choose between the Hilton, Holiday Inn, Radisson and Sheraton. All pretty much the same, I imagine, although the Radisson isn't on the PATH, so that's no good.
The Hilton and the Sheraton are right downtown, if you mean the Holiday Inn on King West it's out a bit although ok if you're primarily concerned with the convention center. The Novotel would be another option.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:16 am
Assimilated Pauper

If I used that kind, I would probably come out itching and covered with a rash. I suspect the kind the original poster was looking for was the adult type with skin conditioner and such and not the kids type. It is nice to take a soak in a hot, foamin, fragrant tub from time to time, especially when it is cold outside.
That sounds nice, I don't use the bubbles myself so bubbles per buck is my deciding factor.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:37 am

The Hilton and the Sheraton are right downtown, if you mean the Holiday Inn on King West it's out a bit although ok if you're primarily concerned with the convention center. The Novotel would be another option.
I wouldn't mind the Novotel. I've stayed there several times. The rates are quite good and it's close to a couple of decent cultural attractions. Unfortunately, it's not one of the conference hotels. I need to be in one of them, because their bars are where all the business will be done.

It's strange that I should having to think about this now. The conference isn't until March. The hotels are starting to fill up, though. The York and Intercon are already fully booked.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

ahah, someone who understands the bubble bath effect! its a time for philosophical reflection

so as i understand it, to take this bath i need to eat lots of beans, pour blue aloe vera washing detergent into the water to make a tasty drink for the dog, plus use a pink razor and grow a beard? have I missed anything?
Old Dec 12th 2005, 9:30 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by batty-x-ray
ahah, someone who understands the bubble bath effect! its a time for philosophical reflection

so as i understand it, to take this bath i need to eat lots of beans, pour blue aloe vera washing detergent into the water to make a tasty drink for the dog, plus use a pink razor and grow a beard? have I missed anything?
I don't think so, but...if you are growing the beard where are you going to use that pink razor?

Upon reflection don't answer that...too much information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.