Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British Isles Show 2009

British Isles Show 2009

Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:41 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Isles Show 2009

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Yes. I've never been, so can't give the OP any first-hand opinion on the show, but looking at the website I'd travel quite a long way to avoid it. The big draw seems to be a "star" from Coronation Street - lots of Corrie memorabilia and other pretend-British and Irish stuff. Not really my cup of tea, as I'd have no idea who anybody is and why they were famous.

OMG, I'm beginning to sound like "pop culture, what's that?" merchant extraordinaire, Novo. Should I be worried?
I wish they had one in Vancouver, sounds like a lot of fun and you could learn something as well.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:44 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I wish they had one in Vancouver, sounds like a lot of fun and you could learn something as well.
Pray tell what you would learn?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:01 pm
Banned

How long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really nice

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Pray tell what you would learn?
I was asking "if anybody went to the show as a visitor" what was their opinion overall and was it worthwhile?
It's called feedback, unfortunately 'Yes', same as the other show's (which I haven't been to) and the re-telling of the Branston Pickle Affair don't give me much to go on.
The British Isles 2010 website is still under construction and the 2009 website doesn't list the exhibitors. Or the names and e-mail addresses of past visitors to previous shows, in which case I could e-mail 1000 people and ask for their thoughts, a bit like a forum really, where you ask British and Irish Expats who have emigrated to Canada a question on a subject in the hope you might get a sensible reply, seems unlikely at the minute.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:05 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by How long
I was asking "if anybody went to the show as a visitor" what was their opinion overall and was it worthwhile?
It's called feedback, unfortunately 'Yes', same as the other show's (which I haven't been to) and the re-telling of the Branston Pickle Affair don't give me much to go on.
The British Isles 2010 website is still under construction and the 2009 website doesn't list the exhibitors. Or the names and e-mail addresses of past visitors to previous shows, in which case I could e-mail 1000 people and ask for their thoughts, a bit like a forum really, where you ask British and Irish Expats who have emigrated to Canada a question on a subject in the hope you might get a sensible reply, seems unlikely at the minute.
How much is it to go? If its not too much why not go. I for one would like to here about it. Does the website say which Corrie star will be there?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:08 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by How long
Look here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...401865&index=1 to ask people who have been and would appear to have loved it;

look here:

http://www.thebritishislesshowcanada...xhibitors.html to see previous exhibitors who you could e-mail to ask "How did you find it, was it worth doing, would you do it again".

Now go and have a cuppa tea and a biccie and cheeeeeeeeeeeeel out.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:21 pm
Banned

How long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really niceHow long is just really nice

[QUOTE=AmyDavid;8264198]Look here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...401865&index=1 to ask people who have been and would appear to have loved it;

look here:

http://www.thebritishislesshowcanada...xhibitors.html to see previous exhibitors who you could e-mail to ask "How did you find it, was it worth doing, would you do it again".

Thank you.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:25 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

It's a total waste of money and time. A lot of UK tat and booths set up to sell everything from candies to t-shirts. Look at http://www.britishislesshowcanada.com/lastyr.html to see some photos from last year's show.
It's set up like a bazaar in a large church hall. I'm not that desperate to mix with a bunch of "culture" deprived ex-pats.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
It's a total waste of money and time. A lot of UK tat and booths set up to sell everything from candies to t-shirts. Look at http://www.britishislesshowcanada.com/lastyr.html to see some photos from last year's show.
It's set up like a bazaar in a large church hall. I'm not that desperate to mix with a bunch of "culture" deprived ex-pats.
I can't agree here, they had Fizz and Ashley as well.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:33 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go take a look-see if there was one in Vancouver.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I can't agree here, they had Fizz and Ashley as well.
This seems an appropriate thread on which to mention that I discovered a vendor of "real english bacon" in north toronto last weekend.

For a modest fee, I'll post the address.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:49 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
This seems an appropriate thread on which to mention that I discovered a vendor of "real english bacon" in north toronto last weekend.

For a modest fee
, I'll post the address.
I'll open the bidding at 25c
Old Jan 19th 2010, 11:57 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I'll open the bidding at 25c
Way too much IMHO. But then you're not an idiot.

I'll wait for one of them to come along.

Shouldn't take long.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:06 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Way too much IMHO. But then you're not an idiot.

I'll wait for one of them to come along.

Shouldn't take long.
Howlong?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:08 am

Howlong?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:12 am
Born again atheist

Howlong?
I didn't say that.

<but i wish i had>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.