Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British cop wanting a move to canada

British cop wanting a move to canada

Old Aug 14th 2018, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

lynswp06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British cop wanting a move to canada

I hold Canadian Citzenship and thinking of making the move to Canada. My husband will have to apply. I am currently a Detective with 10yrs in the cops in the UK and have researched the Canadian recruitment process. Not that keen on having to start all over again so keen to hear from cops that have made the move or ones that have taken a different career path. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 11:46 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British cop wanting a move to canada

There was a very recent thread from a current UK police officer asking a similar question that may be useful:

UK Police Officer with PR Looking for Jobs
Old Aug 15th 2018, 4:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks will take a look
Old Aug 16th 2018, 3:10 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

My husband was a cop in the SE of England and he too didnt fancy starting again. Hes now a sheriff and whilst the requirements are less taxing, the money is better :-)
Old Aug 20th 2018, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

MZLunat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Howefamily
My husband was a cop in the SE of England and he too didnt fancy starting again. Hes now a sheriff and whilst the requirements are less taxing, the money is better :-)
If you don't mind me asking, where is he a sheriff?

I'm currently a police officer in the UK and I'm looking into the idea of moving to Canada with the eventual goal of rejoining the police service over there

Thanks!
Old Aug 20th 2018, 6:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MZLunat
If you don't mind me asking, where is he a sheriff?

I'm currently a police officer in the UK and I'm looking into the idea of moving to Canada with the eventual goal of rejoining the police service over there

Thanks!
Welcome to BE!

You can get a hint by looking under Howefamily's name
Do feel free to post a thread in the Immigration forum if you need any advice on applying for Permanent Residency ... or in the Canada forum if you've any questions non-immigration related!

They are in Nova Scotia
Old Aug 20th 2018, 6:29 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we are in Nova Scotia :-)
Old Aug 20th 2018, 6:34 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

You might be better off working for a large corporate company in their 'investigations' unit. For example, ICBC and BCLC (both in BC) have large departments dedicated to investigating fraud. I work for BCLC and it is predominately staffed by ex coppers in their 50's.

Money is good, and far less stress than working 'general duty' for the RCMP.
But if you really want to get back to Policing, I would suggest a non RCMP force. West Vancouver Police would be the crème de la crème being in a very low crime area.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Welcome to BE!

You can get a hint by looking under Howefamily's name
Do feel free to post a thread in the Immigration forum if you need any advice on applying for Permanent Residency ... or in the Canada forum if you've any questions non-immigration related!

They are in Nova Scotia
Thank you!
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Danny B
You might be better off working for a large corporate company in their 'investigations' unit. For example, ICBC and BCLC (both in BC) have large departments dedicated to investigating fraud. I work for BCLC and it is predominately staffed by ex coppers in their 50's.

But if you really want to get back to Policing, I would suggest a non RCMP force. West Vancouver Police would be the crème de la crème being in a very low crime area.
Much appreciated! I'll look into both now
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Yep, we are in Nova Scotia :-)
Awesome, thank you, hope it's going well!
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

I’ve had a look at the Sheriff role but wanted to try and stay within the investigation side really. Does that role get involved with that sort of thing?
Thanks for the reply, Lyns
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

Great, thanks for the reply and will definitely have a look into these companies.
Old Aug 20th 2018, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Danny B

Great thanks so much, I’ll definitely have a look into these companies
Old Aug 20th 2018, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Do note that the RCMP and many other police forces require their members to be Canadian citizens or PRs of around 10 year standing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.