Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Breed Specific Legislation - Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Breed Specific Legislation - Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:29 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breed Specific Legislation - Staffordshire Bull Terriers

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Staffordshire Bull Terriers ARE NOT pit bulls BTW.
While they were once used for bull baiting and fighting they are no longer bred to be "vicious."
which of course brings us to the original use of Bulldogs and Bullmastiffs, anyone want to slag those off?

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I blame Dickens for getting the dogs a bad name
Which dogs?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:32 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
which of course brings us to the original use of Bulldogs and Bullmastiffs, anyone want to slag those off?

Which dogs?
Bill Syke's dog in Oliver Twist was a Staffy.

I think. I will go google and check the facts
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:42 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Bill Syke's dog in Oliver Twist was a Staffy.

I think. I will go google and check the facts
nope, was an English Bull Terrier
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:52 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
They sure do but people don't risk their lives to save a TV or treat one like they would a child.......its just something I don't understand, a pet is a pet. Don't get me wrong I'm not heartless, I was upset when my Mum had to have the family dog put down just before Christmas 08.
I don't have kids, so I guess my collie's are the closest I'll get for having to nurture, train and take care of through their lifetime. They're dependent on me for their health and well being. When they're well behaved they're rewarded, when they misbehave they're scolded. Not a great difference from raising kids, I'd imagine.

Your comparison to a TV isn't really relevant, an inanimate object doesn't interact or have any dependency on you - they're not loyal nor do they have character traits. Yep, they're just pets, but how does that equate to someone's passion for them being inappropriate?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:56 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
Yep, they're just pets, but how does that equate to someone's passion for them being inappropriate?
To me it does, I don't get it............a friend of ours has no kids but has a Pug and she believes that raising a child is easier than having a dog, that sort of behaviour is the sort of thing that I don't get.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:12 pm
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all

To me it does, I don't get it............a friend of ours has no kids but has a Pug and she believes that raising a child is easier than having a dog, that sort of behaviour is the sort of thing that I don't get.
Is your friend Dot Cotton off East Enders....
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony the pilot
I thought it was Ethel????
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:25 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
that was it! with little Willy
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:25 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony the pilot
If you rolled 1427 Dot Cotton's into one person then you'd be getting close, size wise............she's more the wife's friend than mine.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:26 pm
Is it that time already

Tony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to allTony the pilot is a name known to all

Bloodyhell your right as well...
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:27 pm
Is it that time already

If you rolled 1427 Dot Cotton's into one person then you'd be getting close, size wise............she's more the wife's friend than mine.
A bit of a cholt then..
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

I have both... two kids aged 7 and 5 and a dog (Cavalier King Charles Spanial). I would say that a dog is way easier to care for than a child... you cannot compare a dog to a child... especially being a mum.. you don't give birth to your dog I would be heartbroken if my dog died or anything happened to him and yeah if he jumped out of our boat then I would probably go and try and save him but would assess the situation first... if it was one of the kids who went overboard then your instinct would kick in and you would go straight over to save them. Some people do look at their dogs as their children especially if they can't have kids then the animals are usually a substitute but in no way can they be compared to kids totally different... A dog pretty much needs water, food and walking kids are much harder work.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Tracywall
I have both... two kids aged 7 and 5 and a dog (Cavalier King Charles Spanial). I would say that a dog is way easier to care for than a child... you cannot compare a dog to a child... especially being a mum.. you don't give birth to your dog I would be heartbroken if my dog died or anything happened to him and yeah if he jumped out of our boat then I would probably go and try and save him but would assess the situation first... if it was one of the kids who went overboard then your instinct would kick in and you would go straight over to save them. Some people do look at their dogs as their children especially if they can't have kids then the animals are usually a substitute but in no way can they be compared to kids totally different... A dog pretty much needs water, food and walking kids are much harder work.
Kids are way harder care for, agree with you on that.........just thought of my daughter being in peril gives the frights!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracywall
I would be heartbroken if my dog died or anything happened to him and yeah if he jumped out of our boat then I would probably go and try and save him but would assess the situation first

One thing I can never understand is how do these people intend to get their dogs back to shore? OK, if it's a small dog, but what about those that jump in after large dogs?

Don't these people realise dogs can swim
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Tracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant futureTracywall has a brilliant future

One thing I can never understand is how do these people intend to get their dogs back to shore? OK, if it's a small dog, but what about those that jump in after large dogs?

Don't these people realise dogs can swim

Good point... my dog is tiny so wouldn't be a problem to get back to shore... he doesn't like the water either but would swim if he has too... I sure as hell wouldn't go in after him if there was the chance I wouldn't make it... maybe I could trying catching him with a fishing net

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.