Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

brain randomly firing

brain randomly firing

Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice
Default brain randomly firing

Hi, well thought I would put down what has been going through my brain these last couple of weeks regarding our move to Canada. I know I have it easier(hopefully) than most people on this forum as I will be going the spousal sponsorship route and so processing times will be in months rather than years(again hopefully), reading the various threads regarding military pensions,tax and gratuities, I will be adjusting my time table to make sure that I 'land' after my lump sum from the MOD is in the bank. The other things are probably the same things that every body else is thinking of, housing- is it affordable?, jobs -can I get one?, kids -will they be alright in new enviroment, my qualifications- tied in with the job thing I know. I know that research is the key and that the 6 P's rule, well rules, but still it's a big move (duh!), there is no doubt that we will be going to Canada and labrador city in particular as wifes side of family is there so makes sense for ease of transition regarding the points mentioned, I think one of the reasons for the grey cells overloading is that I am now coming up to my last 2 years in the RAF and one truism of leaving the service is that your last 2 years fly by(no pun intended), but anyway its a new year in 48 hours so thanks for reading and have a good one.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brain randomly firing

You'd better slow your brain down somehow if you still have two years to think about it!!!

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:44 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Has Puff the magic dragon been visiting Pete's Dragon?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:51 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petesdragon View Post
there is no doubt that we will be going to Canada and labrador city in particular as wifes side of family is there so
Labrador City? Good God. I'm glad you're a pilot and assume you can afford a private airplane?
Old Dec 31st 2008, 12:18 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

The economy in Lab West (Lab City / Wabush) is hugely linked to the Iron Ore / Nickel mining. (IOC, Wabush Mines, Voiseys Bay). With the world wide recession and collapse in commodity prices several expansion/upgrade projects have been put on hold and workers are being laid off. Now what has bust will undoubtedly boom again but in the short term Lab city is not a place I'd be choosing to try and find a job in!

Good snowmobiling in the winter though!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

petesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nicepetesdragon is just really nice

cheers, the economic future is f***ed but I think that there comes a time regardless of other circumstances no matter how big and scary when you have to do what is best for your family and for us, this is to move to Canada and yes Lab city is a bit off the beaten track but hopefully with the family support there and that I am willing to take any job if the plumbing doe'snt work out( HGV qualified as well) to put food on the table, should see us right(touch wood) and I am not a pilot in the RAF, just a humble armourer, so no private plane, though I might see if Air Canada want to sell one cheap in these 'tricky' times, again happy new year and a good move
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:47 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundlan...ear-mayor.html
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the link, having read it, still got to be optimistic so onwards and upwards