Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Bloody Mosquito's

Bloody Mosquito's

Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

sarahandshaun has a spectacular aura aboutsarahandshaun has a spectacular aura aboutsarahandshaun has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Bloody Mosquito's

Originally Posted by LotteW
Yes but the quinnine in the tonic won't actually STOP the mozzies biting you... it just means you won't get malaria.

Mind you, any excuse to drink a nice G&T.....
Hopefully by the time they start biting:curse: I won't be on the first G+T. The result being incapcitated mozziesWell one can dream can't we?
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

I dont believe the Mosquito type in Canada is the Malaria carrying type, then again it is only the female mosquito the passes the virus, so theres no chance of me getting a female to bite me, unless they pass it by shouting at you, I am not going to get malaria
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dinger24
I dont believe the Mosquito type in Canada is the Malaria carrying type, then again it is only the female mosquito the passes the virus, so theres no chance of me getting a female to bite me, unless they pass it by shouting at you, I am not going to get malaria
Maybe not.... but you can drink gin!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:53 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dinger24
No Canadian mosquito's do not carry Malaria.

However there is every chance of you getting bitten by a female seeing as they are the only ones that do bite.

From Wikipedia: "Both male and female mosquitoes are nectar feeders, but the females of many species are also capable of hematophagy (drinking blood). Females do not require blood for their own survival, but they do need supplemental substances (like protein and iron) to develop eggs."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosquito
Old Oct 21st 2008, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

dinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of lightdinger24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LotteW
Maybe not.... but you can drink gin!
Yep but the wife will want to know why I insist on drinking gin, so I was thinking this was the perfect excuse!
'Bzzzzz' Oh look out theres a moozie babe I'll have to have a G &T with that
Bzzzz, Bzzzzz Bzzzzz hic Bzzzzz type thing!