Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Bloody Estate Agents !!!!

Bloody Estate Agents !!!!

Old May 23rd 2008, 6:30 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bloody Estate Agents !!!!

Same situation as you guys, house on market for 2 months, 1 viewing, now going with the renting option at the end of july, re evaluate the market at some point in the future...... Might as well keep the investment rather than flushing straight down the pan.

OH is already in Canada on WP we fly out on the 3rd August to join him, as to people who make comments like banking on something that does not exist?

What do you think we have all been investing our hard cash in? Investing in bricks and mortar, was/is supposed to be as 'safe as houses'!

Charlie
Old May 23rd 2008, 6:46 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Same situation as you guys, house on market for 2 months, 1 viewing, now going with the renting option at the end of july, re evaluate the market at some point in the future...... Might as well keep the investment rather than flushing straight down the pan.

OH is already in Canada on WP we fly out on the 3rd August to join him, as to people who make comments like banking on something that does not exist?

What do you think we have all been investing our hard cash in? Investing in bricks and mortar, was/is supposed to be as 'safe as houses'!

Charlie
Any investment is a risk. I'm sorry people are having difficulties selling for what they thought they could. Having been through a property crash and burn cycle (and been burned badly) its no fun, I acknowledge that. Being broke in Canada is no fun either, and starting up in a new country with needed money tied up in another country, is also definitely no picnic.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:46 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dingbat
Any investment is a risk. I'm sorry people are having difficulties selling for what they thought they could. Having been through a property crash and burn cycle (and been burned badly) its no fun, I acknowledge that. Being broke in Canada is no fun either, and starting up in a new country with needed money tied up in another country, is also definitely no picnic.
Yes I agree any investment is a risk, but we are all brought up being told that property, whilst no sure fire thing, is relatively safe.

Yes your right it is no fun, we are going to make the best of a bad situation, where we want to be is Canada.

When we marketed our property we did not pluck a figure out of thin air, we researched carefully and placed a realistic present day price on it. Even if we sold now for another 10k less we would still be happy.

As it appears that this will not happen, we will leave the 'investment' where it is, rent house out here and rent in Canada until the situation improves (hopefullly).

Not exactly what we wanted but we are making the best of a bad lot, just an unfortunate time..........
Old May 26th 2008, 2:02 am
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

Thanks London Lads, i totaly agree, unless they are in the situation, you cannot possibly understand how frustrating it all is.

I got three different quotes from three different estate agents and £93.995 was the lowest. I was told that my property was definitely worth that amount, and would sell quickly, as it was a buyers market!!! what a load of bull s***t that was.

I think estate agents nowadays, particulaly british ones, are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard, all they do is take a photos of your house and put it up in their shop or on the websites and hope that someone will see it!!

It looks like all they are interested in "their cut of the profits", so they do not care how much you get just so long as you pay them on completion of the sale..... i may be a cynic, but this is not the first property i have sold and all estate agents seem to be the same...

I may be wrong, maybe i should have accepted the offer, i do not know, but shoulda woulda coulda. Its too late to go back, i have to look forwards and keep hoping.

Emmjay
Old May 26th 2008, 2:26 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Emmjay
Thanks London Lads, i totaly agree, unless they are in the situation, you cannot possibly understand how frustrating it all is.

I got three different quotes from three different estate agents and £93.995 was the lowest. I was told that my property was definitely worth that amount, and would sell quickly, as it was a buyers market!!! what a load of bull s***t that was.

I think estate agents nowadays, particulaly british ones, are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard, all they do is take a photos of your house and put it up in their shop or on the websites and hope that someone will see it!!

It looks like all they are interested in "their cut of the profits", so they do not care how much you get just so long as you pay them on completion of the sale..... i may be a cynic, but this is not the first property i have sold and all estate agents seem to be the same...

I may be wrong, maybe i should have accepted the offer, i do not know, but shoulda woulda coulda. Its too late to go back, i have to look forwards and keep hoping.

Emmjay
Dont look backwards, hindsight is good, if we had accepted an offer on ours we would have had to be out before now and renting etc etc
now things are fitting into place and things happen for a reason, it will sell and people are starting to look at houses, it is frustrating, but hang in there.
We are on the third agents and all are as bad as the others, they want there cut for very little work.
i have took over ours now and fingers crossed hell ring with a better offer, the agents will still want there cut on the sale though :curse:
Old May 26th 2008, 2:33 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

It looks like all they are interested in "their cut of the profits", so they do not care how much you get just so long as you pay them on completion of the sale
I'm staggered that anyone could think otherwise. It's not as if they have a reputation for being kind, caring human beings.
Old May 26th 2008, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of current estate agents started working after the last house price crash; so even if they do have your best interests at heart they probably have no clue about selling in a buyers' market.