Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

bleak times???

bleak times???

Old May 29th 2009, 1:25 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bleak times???

Originally Posted by johnb1
hi,
i am new to the site never posted before.
i applied for permanent residence sep 2007, got file number thats last i heard.
we decided to go down the temp visa route, to get there (here is the snag). an immigration firm just sent a career appraisal of my occupation (industrial millwright) & the jist of it is hold back for at least 6 months. we were going to ontario, my job is on the skill shortage list in oz should we go for australia?
What is it you would like to know about Canada?

People are unable to tell you whether you should emigrate to Timbuktu or Brazil or Australia.

This forum is occupied with people that either live in Canada or want to move to Canada for their various reasons. If you want to find out more about Australia there is another forum on this site full of the people who have moved or want to move to Australia.

Right now you appear to be someone who just wants to leave where you are right now rather than someone who has chosen a destination and decided that place is for you.
Old May 29th 2009, 1:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, these threads make me laugh. Could Canada and Australia be much more different?

What is it that attracted the original poster to Canada in the first place? Are they going to find the same things down under?

How should we know?
Old May 29th 2009, 1:41 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livermanl
What is it you would like to know about Canada?

People are unable to tell you whether you should emigrate to Timbuktu or Brazil or Australia.

This forum is occupied with people that either live in Canada or want to move to Canada for their various reasons. If you want to find out more about Australia there is another forum on this site full of the people who have moved or want to move to Australia.

Right now you appear to be someone who just wants to leave where you are right now rather than someone who has chosen a destination and decided that place is for you.
I agree with this but as I am being in a very nice mood today will add something.

Is it a bad thing that someone has decided that they do not want to be where they are??? Everyone on here had that thought at some stage or another.

Where do you go, what do you do?

The obvious choices are Oz, NZ, Canada, USA and Spain.

Which one, whats life like etc etc etc.

I think the people that post these threads are hoping beyond all doubt that someone will be able to see into their soul and pick which country will suit them.

Unfortunately that doesn't ever happen and the only way you will know for sure is to visit these places - money then becomes an object.

The lucky ones find their Nirvana right off the bat (I include myself in this group) the others constantly travel back and forth searching for happiness.

Maybe there should be a dumbass quiz on here the likes of which you get on Facebook..........

WHICH COUNTRY SHOULD YOU LIVE IN?????

Find your answer and stick with it hahahahaha.
Old May 29th 2009, 1:46 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Everyone on here had that thought at some stage or another.
Speak for yourself... I never decided to leave the UK...the chance to come to canada came up and I decided to come here and give it a try. Id never though of leaving before that phone call, and I dont particularly dislike the UK now.
Old May 29th 2009, 1:51 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I agree with this but as I am being in a very nice mood today will add something.

Is it a bad thing that someone has decided that they do not want to be where they are??? Everyone on here had that thought at some stage or another.

Where do you go, what do you do?

The obvious choices are Oz, NZ, Canada, USA and Spain.

Which one, whats life like etc etc etc.

I think the people that post these threads are hoping beyond all doubt that someone will be able to see into their soul and pick which country will suit them.

Unfortunately that doesn't ever happen and the only way you will know for sure is to visit these places - money then becomes an object.

The lucky ones find their Nirvana right off the bat (I include myself in this group) the others constantly travel back and forth searching for happiness.

Maybe there should be a dumbass quiz on here the likes of which you get on Facebook..........

WHICH COUNTRY SHOULD YOU LIVE IN?????

Find your answer and stick with it hahahahaha.
True enough but that's why I posted what I did.
Originally Posted by iaink
Speak for yourself... I never decided to leave the UK...the chance to come to canada came up and I decided to come here and give it a try. Id never though of leaving before that phone call, and I dont particularly dislike the UK now.
Marriage...
Old May 29th 2009, 1:52 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

^^same here. In 1977 I had a job offer for fast track progress through upper levels of an industrial concern in Port Sunlight (yes, that one) and another for a research position in southern California.

No brainer.
Old May 29th 2009, 1:55 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
^^same here. In 1977 I had a job offer for fast track progress through upper levels of an industrial concern in Port Sunlight (yes, that one) and another for a research position in southern California.

No brainer.
So how did you enjoy Port Sunlight?
Old May 29th 2009, 1:58 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto (well, almost).
Old May 29th 2009, 2:01 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
So how did you enjoy Port Sunlight?
It was raining.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:04 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

I grew up on the wirral, my neighbour was a research chemist at PS. There are far worse areas to live.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:07 pm
Born again atheist

I grew up on the wirral, my neighbour was a research chemist at PS. There are far worse areas to live.
Agreed. I was simply agreeing that I left the UK to go somewhere else, not to get away, just like you.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of lightKeith is a glorious beacon of light

I to had no plans to emigrate.
Until I saw an add in the Sunday Telegraph one cold Sunday in February I had made no intention to immigrate. I had just sold my fist house and was waiting for the next one to be built.

I applied for the job in Ottawa and within a month had an offer to come over in July. I accepted and then proceeded to sell the unbuilt house. That was no problem in 1963 and I actually sold it in two days with a 10% profit.

That was the start of my good fortune.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:24 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I had no plans to emigrate but met this Canadian girl (in the UK) and the rest is history. Or to put it another way, I'm here for the sex.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:31 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I had no plans to emigrate but met this Canadian girl (in the UK) and the rest is history. Or to put it another way, I'm here for the sex.
So in a few years time you will be moving back then

Judging by the number of teenage parents in the UK Im pretty sure they still have sex there too anyway...
Old May 29th 2009, 2:37 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Sounds familiar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.