Bill C-11

Old Apr 13th 2001, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

inders99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Proposed Bill C-11, When it is expected to be Passed?
Old Apr 13th 2001, 9:20 am
PMM

Hi

>
    >
    >
    >

It maybe "passed" before parliament rises in June, but I would guess that it won't
receive royal assent and be promulgated to mid to late 2002.

PMM

Old Apr 13th 2001, 11:10 am
Psyche

If, for example, i was to begin my spousal application at the begining of 2002 under
the current law, and then the bill is given royal assent before the completion of my
application, would any of the new areas of the bill be applicable to me. for example
one of the changes proposed is a shortening of the sponsership time for spouses,
would i still be bound by the 10 year agreement or would they change it in accordance
with the new law?

thanks Drew
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

--
Posted from femail1.rdc1.on.home.com [24.2.9.88] via Mailgate.ORG Server -
http://www.Mailgate.ORG

Old Apr 13th 2001, 1:30 pm
PMM

Hi Psyche

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > It maybe "passed" before parliament rises in June, but I would guess[/usenetquote2]
that it
[usenetquote2]> > won't receive royal assent and be promulgated to mid to late 2002.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > PMM[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >

It would be spelled in the transitional arrangements, but something like the 10 year
sponsorship under the 76 Act would probably be binding if the application was
submitted before C-11 was passed.

PMM

Old Apr 14th 2001, 2:43 am
Quintinstic

Pardon my ignorance. What's Bill C-11? =)

>
    >

[usenetquote2]> > If, for example, i was to begin my spousal application at the begining of 2002[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > under the current law, and then the bill is given royal assent before the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > completion of my application, would any of the new areas of the bill be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > applicable to me. for example one of the changes proposed is a shortening of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sponsership time for spouses, would i still be bound by the 10 year agreement or[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > would they change it in accordance with the new law?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > thanks Drew[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > It maybe "passed" before parliament rises in June, but I would guess[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > won't receive royal assent and be promulgated to mid to late 2002.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > PMM[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Posted from femail1.rdc1.on.home.com [24.2.9.88] via Mailgate.ORG Server -[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > http://www.Mailgate.ORG[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
the
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 14th 2001, 3:44 pm
PMM

HI

>
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi Psyche[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > If, for example, i was to begin my spousal application at the begining of 2002[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > under the current law, and then the bill is given royal assent before the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > completion of my application, would any of the new areas of the bill be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > applicable to me. for example one of the changes proposed[/usenetquote2]
is
[usenetquote2]> > > a shortening of the sponsership time for spouses, would i still be[/usenetquote2]
bound
[usenetquote2]> > > by the 10 year agreement or would they change it in accordance with[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > > new law?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > thanks Drew[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > It maybe "passed" before parliament rises in June, but I would guess[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > that it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > won't receive royal assent and be promulgated to mid to late 2002.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > PMM[/usenetquote2]

The new Immigration and Refugee legislation, go to www.cic.gc.ca for any further
information.

PMM