Reload this Page >

Best way of getting money into my Canadian account

Best way of getting money into my Canadian account

Old Nov 1st 2010, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

staceyw82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best way of getting money into my Canadian account

Happy Halloween folks!

Ok so i'll be appling for PR family class this month after returning from 1.5 yrs in Toronto as my visa expired. I need to be able to get money into my RBC account from Northern Ireland to pay my visa bill and my phone bill. i hopefully should be returning in 3/4 months. Whats my best way for getting money into my account? I wish we had Intract here!!

Thanks Folks!
Old Nov 1st 2010, 8:26 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way of getting money into my Canadian account

Wire transfer probably

or
Paypal transfer for small amounts

or
Forex brokers for large amounts

Going to cost you one way or another, and have different degrees of convenience.
Old Nov 1st 2010, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by staceyw82
Happy Halloween folks!

Ok so i'll be appling for PR family class this month after returning from 1.5 yrs in Toronto as my visa expired. I need to be able to get money into my RBC account from Northern Ireland to pay my visa bill and my phone bill. i hopefully should be returning in 3/4 months. Whats my best way for getting money into my account? I wish we had Intract here!!

Thanks Folks!
If you have Hifx account use their online service it's free to use and you can do it all from the comfort of your own home and see the rate before you buy. With paypal you don't know what rate they will give you and they also charge
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 4:45 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Another good option is www.tranzfers.com it's only a 7 quid fee for the transfer and they offer good rates - easy to do - I do it frequently. Have a look at the website for exch rate.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 5:03 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Try this http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Transf...m_UK_to_Canada
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

amardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by staceyw82
Happy Halloween folks!

Thanks Folks!
Wire transfer are usually the best bet as they are quick and if you are transferring large amounts it is best to use a company who handle foreign currency all the time. I used Halo Financial when I first came out as they were quite competitive but there are a few such as Currencies Direct, HiFix and Moneycorp. In my experience moneycorp have been very competitive and given the best rate to date. Also, it doens`t hurt to play one off against each other as sometimes they are willing to come down a bit.