Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best place to live in the GTA?

Best place to live in the GTA?

Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:30 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Best place to live in the GTA?

Originally Posted by dbd33
I certainly do not know that. I fully expect that, when I drive along the 403 this afternoon, the speed of vehicles in the HOV lane will 70-75mph while the outer non-HOV lane goes at a little over 80. I expect to see numerous vehicles leaving the HOV lane between the designated spots in order to pass slow moving minivans and Suburbans packed with progeny. It may be that the creation of HOV lanes rewards behaviour the government values but it hampers, rather than helps, the flow of traffic.
well said!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 12:34 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by riddle89
Hi
We live in Oakville and can't fault it.

Riddle89
I lived in oakville for 2 years and its a beautiful place with 1 fault the traffic!! 403, lakeshore, QEW, Trafalgar etc - ahh well at least it isnt the 401!!!
Old May 11th 2009, 8:29 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We live in Oakville and can't fault it.

Riddle89
Which part? we're looking to move there in July, prices are still high though
Old May 11th 2009, 9:02 pm
Riddle89

riddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dollface
Which part? we're looking to move there in July, prices are still high though
Hi
We live up near West Oak Trails.
Where are you coming to? Are you coming with children?
If you want to get together send an email

thanks
Riddle89
Old May 28th 2009, 7:00 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
We live up near West Oak Trails.
Where are you coming to? Are you coming with children?
If you want to get together send an email

thanks
Riddle89

Finally bought in Oakville 3 days ago - Bronte Creek area. 2 kids - a get together when I get there sounds good!!! be there in July
Old May 28th 2009, 9:25 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cyan
Stick to the west side of the GTA (Milton, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Georgetown etc). Avoid Brampton (growing pains associated with fast growing urban expansion and poor road network) or Scarborough in the east end (crime).
I'm surprsied by the avoid Brampton

yes it is one of the faster growing areas, but not as fast as Milton

and it has 51% visable minority (the real reason ?)

But your reasoning is wrong the 410 links very well with the 407/401/427 and its certainly less congested than several placed mentioned
Old May 28th 2009, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33
$400,000 and up.
really? in Oakville? $400k? where?? I've looked at what seems like hundreds of homes there over the last 3-4 weeks (in reality 25+) and believe me even at $525k the houses need work!
Old May 28th 2009, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by MikeUK
I'm surprsied by the avoid Brampton

yes it is one of the faster growing areas, but not as fast as Milton

and it has 51% visable minority (the real reason ?)

But your reasoning is wrong the 410 links very well with the 407/401/427 and its certainly less congested than several placed mentioned
What's Brampton like for house prices, infrastructure and things to do? we almost bought in Georgetown but our realtor said not to look at Brampton. wonder why? was it beacause i'm too WASPY looking? (reading your post, I assume I would be the 49%)