Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best place in Canada to move to?

Best place in Canada to move to?

Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:07 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best place in Canada to move to?

Originally Posted by iaink
You cant prove that, but Ive seen the certificates for Quinte

Its all bollox of course, these rankings usually are.
I can, look three smiley faces, what more proof do you require sir?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:11 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I can, look three smiley faces, what more proof do you require sir?
Three smiling faces in the whole of the Ajax area sounds about right. you win.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:13 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Three smiling faces in the whole of the Ajax area sounds about right. you win.
Ha ha touché
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:13 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AbbieClements
but I am not on here for people to tell me what might be or might not be good.
Might be the best in someone's eyes. That's why I want opinions!
Well do ypu or don't you. The reason you are getting sarcastic replies is because your questions and observations are about as clichéd as its possible to get. There is no "best" place to live. Period. Only what suits an individual.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Well do ypu or don't you. The reason you are getting sarcastic replies is because your questions and observations are about as clichéd as its possible to get. There is no "best" place to live. Period. Only what suits an individual.
Ajax is the best place and u know it girl....
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:19 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

There is no "best" place to live. Period. Only what suits an individual.
I thought I had proven Quinte was the best place. At least it was in 1998...
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:21 pm

Here we go again, blah blah blah
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:26 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

For the people that chose to live and work there I expect it is. Just like I live in the best part of Canada for me.

Of course when I came here, this area had recently been chosen by the "Ontario Social Development Council" as the best place to live in Ontario, and Ontario was the best province in Canada, and Canada was perenially ranked #1 in the UN Human Development Index, so never mind being "the best place in Canada", it was quite literally (and probably inaccurately) "the best place in the world"

Whether Quintes subsequent fall from grace can be entirely attributed to my arrival here has yet to be proven...
I blame the socks/sandals fiasco of 2011.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:30 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by bats
I blame the socks/sandals fiasco of 2011.
I know, the place has really gone to the dogs...

This forum really needs a facepalm smiley...
Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:54 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Indeed. Don't get me wrong I have visited Halifax on a lot of occasions and enjoyed it but would never in any drug fuelled stupa describe it as gorgeous.
I think its mostly referred to as the arsehole of Canada.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:01 pm

http://www.readersdigest.ca/health/f...se-family?id=1

The official list, I have not got to number one as my cell browser just takes too long, but I'm sure it will be Ajax.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon, penticton must be in with a shout. 200 million people can't be wrong? can they? Vietnam does also make the list though! http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4085547/
Old Mar 4th 2013, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

AbbieClements will become famous soon enoughAbbieClements will become famous soon enough

That's funny because I'm pretty sure I said along those lines in the thread....

'Was wondering if I could have opinions on best places to live? I know it varies on people and their needs but just a general of where to avoid and where to research?'

If people were to read, I clearly say I know that it varies and is different for people. I have had a few messages from people saying their favourite 'best' place and reasons why, that has helped me. Not stupid sarcasm.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:28 pm

1. Sherbrooke, Que.

Population: 140, 628

Median Age: 40

Why it's great for families: Some of the lowest rates of child and partner crime in the country, great access to mom groups and daycares, and Quebec's generous 18 week maternity leave policy.

Windsor was 5th OMG

Photo: abdallahh/flickr
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

Seaton is an unknown quantity at this point

I just want a new life, I need to go somewhere where there are opportunities for my skills. I like the outdoor life, not interested in big cities and clubbing/shopping etc.

There's nothing to do or see here, Canada is beautiful and Calgary I know is near the Rockies so I thought about there. I just don't know what places are good in welcoming new comers.

Not thinking about family so really just a young couple hoping to start a new life together and have a stable career and go out in the fresh air and enjoy life.
Hi,

We emigrated from the UK in 2009 from just outside Stratford Upon Avon, and now live in Okotoks, Alberta.

The mountains are beautiful, and you can see them from where we live, yes its great to go Quading in the summer.

Think seriously, if you think for one minute you'll arrive here, walk into a job, and get your qualifications recognised, you won't!

Trust me, its a lot harder than you think - we know lots after 4 to 5 years that have returned to the UK, do a search on here for peoples experiences.

Before you leave, give it some serious thought!

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.