Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best place in Canada to move to?

Best place in Canada to move to?

Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

AbbieClements will become famous soon enoughAbbieClements will become famous soon enough
Default Best place in Canada to move to?

Hi all,

Was wondering if I could have opinions on best places to live? I know it varies on people and their needs but just a general of where to avoid and where to research?

Accountant living in UK hoping to move with partner.

Thanks

Abbie
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:16 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best place in Canada to move to?

Iqaluit.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

AbbieClements will become famous soon enoughAbbieClements will become famous soon enough

Hi dbd33. Thanks for your reply.

Can I ask why you say Iqaluit? What is good about it?

Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:18 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AbbieClements
Hi dbd33. Thanks for your reply.

Can I ask why you say Iqaluit? What is good about it?

Thanks
It offers the authentic Canadian experience. Poverty, cold, dangerous animals.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Probably can't be worse than where I live in the UK. I like the cold. And I would rather dangerous animals than dangerous people around here. Thank you for your input
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:23 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by AbbieClements
Probably can't be worse than where I live in the UK. I like the cold. And I would rather dangerous animals than dangerous people around here. Thank you for your input
If you would like a more specific response (from anyone), you'll have to say what you want from the move. Oakville ON is the place most like Newbury, you could probably go there and, apart from missing family and cheese, you wouldn't have to notice that you moved.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

I just want a new life, I need to go somewhere where there are opportunities for my skills. I like the outdoor life, not interested in big cities and clubbing/shopping etc.

There's nothing to do or see here, Canada is beautiful and Calgary I know is near the Rockies so I thought about there. I just don't know what places are good in welcoming new comers.

Not thinking about family so really just a young couple hoping to start a new life together and have a stable career and go out in the fresh air and enjoy life.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:45 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Oakville it is then. They like skills in Oakville, and the night life is Rockin, so I hear. I'm sure Oakvillian will be along soon to point you toward the right street to live in.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

I will have a research of Oakville then thanks for your suggestion!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:49 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:51 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.oakville.ca/

Moncton gets rave reviews too, but I'm unsure if that's just a wind up or not?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tangram
?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by magnumpi
http://www.oakville.ca/

Moncton gets rave reviews too, but I'm unsure if that's just a wind up or not?
I heard mixed reviews about Moncton and it's not as pretty as most other places. well not what I have seen anyway. I want lakes and trees and quiet streets
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:58 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Do you want oceans or mountains and skiing? Or flat praries?
What rocks your world?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:59 am
Assimilated Pauper

Looking at this slightly more seriously. If what you want is access to the outdoors then Oakville or anywhere else in the GTA would not be my choice. It's a couple of hours to get to anywhere that looks as rural as, say, the South Downs and then it'll be privately owned. I don't think moving to Southern Ontario from the south of England would provide more access to the outdoors. If you want to be somewhere with less people than in the UK then you should go for a smaller city, Ottawa or Halifax or perhaps even Moncton.

I suppose an accountant can work anywhere and that finding a job will be the trick. Perhaps take any job offered in a small city?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.