Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best Fish & Chips Victoria

Best Fish & Chips Victoria

Old Jul 15th 2014, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Island Bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Fish & Chips Victoria

Ok so we finally move to Victoria this coming weekend...soooooooooo excited.
Can't believe it is happening and soooooooooooooooooooo sad to leave behind 7 months of snow and minus 40 temperatures..

So our first port of call and know its sad but am looking for a good or the best fish and chips in Victoria.

All comments and opinions accepted and I may even try out a few to see if I agree...

:
Old Jul 15th 2014, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Fish & Chips Victoria

Red Fish Blue Fish, it's not particularly cheap but it's pretty good.

If you're ever in Vancouver, I'd recommend The Fish Shack on Granville. They have some good coleslaw.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 1:16 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Not exactly Victoria, but when you're ready to roam further afield, the newly re-opened Malahat Chalet (on the Malahat to the north of Victoria) is supposed to be pretty good (the most stunning views irrespective of the food). Also in Cowichan Bay, again to the north, the Rock Cod is a very popular fish and chip café/restaurant right on the waterfront; reasonably priced too.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Jericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond reputeJericho79 has a reputation beyond repute

I went to a place in Victoria- think it was brits fish n chips, or somethin like that, but it was a dingy old place. I recall paying $75 for fish n chips x 4, and we left disappointed and feeling ripped off. So..., avoid that place.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 1:39 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Island Bound
Ok so we finally move to Victoria this coming weekend...soooooooooo excited.
Can't believe it is happening and soooooooooooooooooooo sad to leave behind 7 months of snow and minus 40 temperatures..

So our first port of call and know its sad but am looking for a good or the best fish and chips in Victoria.

All comments and opinions accepted and I may even try out a few to see if I agree...

:
Good luck on your trip. Where have you finally ended up? at least in the sort-term? Is Sooke still on the agenda?
Old Jul 16th 2014, 2:02 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Right across the Strait is Kiwi's Fish and Chips, a place run by err...a Kiwi, in Sequim. Would mean taking the ferry to Port Angeles of course, so more just so you have your full options. You could work up an appetite and kayak I suppose.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Jackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant future

There's the Cowichan Bay Seafood shop in the Victoria Public Market at the Hudson (large building on Douglas Street with the Hudson written on it). They sell fish and do really nice portions of fish and chips. Red Fish Blue Fish is always super busy but at a nice location in the harbour. There is also Barb's Fish and Chips at Fisherman's Wharf..it's ok, often highly rated but I didn't find it anything special. Watching the seals bob up from under the floating deck was an added bonus and it is a great setting with the houseboats all there.
Welcome to the island!
Old Jul 18th 2014, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

GrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to allGrandmaLynn is a name known to all

I would love to know where to go for the best fish and chips in the gta area would be?
Or maybe pie, chips, mushy peas and gravy lol