Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best "Fast food" In canada

Best "Fast food" In canada

Old Jul 25th 2004, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best "Fast food" In canada

Really got a likening for Quizno's sandwiches especially Chicken Carbonara.

My Top 5

1. Quizno's
2. Swiss Chalet Drive thru (1/4 chicken dinner white meat with fries)
3. Extreme Pita (Bombay chicken is great)
4. Subway
5. Arbys Market fresh sandwiches

Anyone coming for a visit..check em out
Old Jul 25th 2004, 11:11 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

I already love subway!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:39 am
squarepants

Default Re: Best "Fast food" In canada

I guess it's true that, the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach All those places are really good, but you left out:

1. Budda boom, budda bing ( east side marios )

2. Applebees ( had it for the first time last week ), it's great, and they do breakfast now too.

Originally posted by ray1968
Really got a likening for Quizno's sandwiches especially Chicken Carbonara.

My Top 5

1. Quizno's
2. Swiss Chalet Drive thru (1/4 chicken dinner white meat with fries)
3. Extreme Pita (Bombay chicken is great)
4. Subway
5. Arbys Market fresh sandwiches

Anyone coming for a visit..check em out

Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:07 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Boston Pizza (a Vancouver chain) is also very good. Ray, your tastes appear to be similar to mine. Boston Pizza has a few restaurants in Ontario.

Last edited by oceanMDX; Jul 26th 2004 at 2:37 am.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:25 am
#include

simonhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

Chinese food!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

We have Boston Pizza here too. I really like Quiznos but the sandwiches are sooo good - they HAVE TO be high in calories! Nothing that is good for you tastes that good! I like Extreme Pita only you have to be sure not to put too much lettuce in them or else I find them really kinda dry.

Wendy's have some really good salads and they are big. Someone said the dressings are high in calories but even so they have to be lots better than burgers and fries. Chicken BLT is good and the Spinach chicken one too.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough

I am so sorry to rain on your parade, but I feel like throwing up!

I really hope that there is better food than, the disgusting names listed on this thread.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:47 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by prodigyking
I am so sorry to rain on your parade, but I feel like throwing up!

I really hope that there is better food than, the disgusting names listed on this thread.

Nope....at least one other person detests this fast food stuff then - I would mug a granny for a decent take out meal. Chinese is about ther best take out in this province if you don't like chips and burgers and the like.

In Vancouver - worth a mention, but not fast food:

Cin Cin Good selection and nice desserts.
Joe Forte's (if they are still there) - their curried crab cakes are to die for.

In TO: Is Old Angelo's still there in the downtown core?

You have a good selection in Montreal though - a mixture of Jewish and Arabic takeout (yummy falafel) plus some French influenced stuff. Haven't been there for a year or so though.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 10:33 am
I am the other man....

port7 is an unknown quantity at this point

My faves:

* Taco Bell
* Booster Juice
* Swiss Chalet
* Bourorn Grill

There was another one I used to go to alot in West Edmonton Mall, they did 'California Wraps' that were tortilas with rice and a filling.

---------------
Old Jul 26th 2004, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

My son and granddaughter are on holiday in Edmonton at the moment. He says he cannot find a restaurant that doesn't serve greasy fast food. He is staying in a really expensive hotel and they went to breakfast yesterday. He said he asked for eggs over easy and they were rock hard and the ham was dripping in grease.

I said that I was sure there must be decent restaurants there - it was just he doesn't know where they are. I suggested Old Transcona - I thought there were ethnic restaurants around there.

I think that is the trouble going to another City - the good restaurants are maybe small and hard to find - whereas you drive along and all you see are McDonalds and stuff like that.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:10 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stand up for yourself

You son hasn't learnt to be served correctly yet.

Look around the Canadians are get for asking to have exactly what they asked for served.

Some people may call it complaining, but it not asked for over easy and get bullets send it back.

If you asked for Red paint in a store and the sales person gave you yellow paint you would take it would you?

So why in a resturant\dinner\fast food.

We follow along quite nice and ALWAYs end up enjoying the food.

P.S it is the servers fault for delivering the wrong food they took the order not the chef.

---------------------------

Theres a Resturant in town where for 4 people it will cost over $500 bucks for a steak dinner, Crazy. Steak from Safeway slapped on a Barbie and 10 minutes later great. With savings you can buy the china and toss it in the garbage.

--------------------------

prodigyking where do you perfer to eat then?
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

prodigyking will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Stand up for yourself

Originally posted by Grah

--------------------------

I prefer to eat at non-chains. So, privately owned restaurants are my favourites. I like all sorts of ethnic cuisines. I love sushi!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:25 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by lizwil98

I said that I was sure there must be decent restaurants there - it was just he doesn't know where they are. I suggested Old Transcona - I thought there were ethnic restaurants around there.
You mean "Old Strathcona", but yes, it has some decent restaurants, and so does West Edmonton Mall (near Europa) and downtown Edmonton.

P.S. "Transcona" is in Winnipeg.
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:39 pm
#include

simonhouse is an unknown quantity at this point

We have a good choice of restaurants in Calgary, from all over the world. I love Greek, Italian, Chinese, Indian, etc.

Sadly, whenever the in-laws invite us out for a meal its either in a chain restaurant or brunch - both of which I am not too keen on.

The Red Lobster is my least favourite - somebody needs to teach them that fresh seafood restaurants are not supposed to smell of rotten fish when you walk through the door!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 2:49 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Default Re: Stand up for yourself

Originally posted by Grah

Theres a Resturant in town where for 4 people it will cost over $500 bucks for a steak dinner, Crazy. Steak from Safeway slapped on a Barbie and 10 minutes later great. With savings you can buy the china and toss it in the garbage.

There's a restaurant here (Vancouver) that charges $37 for a hamburger!:scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.