Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best Exchange Rates

Best Exchange Rates

Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

noolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant future
Default Best Exchange Rates

Hi,
I am planning to land this month as a FSW, and am wandering what is the best possible way to transfer my money to Canada. Which bank provides the best currency exchange rate? The people who landed already, plz share your experiences.
Thanks in advance, and sorry if it has been answered before...
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Best Exchange Rates

Not sure if this helps, but I spoken to HSBC the other day and their rate was 1.8995 which was the best I'd found.

Hope all goes well for you
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:07 pm
Duke of Africa

bryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant futurebryandavid has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by noolan
Hi,
I am planning to land this month as a FSW, and am wandering what is the best possible way to transfer my money to Canada. Which bank provides the best currency exchange rate? The people who landed already, plz share your experiences.
Thanks in advance, and sorry if it has been answered before...
The moderator is going to move this thread to Canada forum. There are other exchange rate related discussion on there already. I advise that you check them out. Best of luck.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 2:52 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Use and FX broker, such as Custom House, always better than the banks.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:33 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Use the search function on this forum - there are loads of threads on this and loads of companies that do FX. In fact, if you don't have an ad blocker on your browser you are probably looking at some ad for one right now.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

noolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant future

loza789, bryandavid, The Aviator and Alan2005, Thank you so much for your help.