Best Beer in Canada.

Wikiposts

Best Beer in Canada.

Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Beer in Canada.

Hi Folks,

I would like to ask your opinion on your thought of what is the best beer in Canada. I have been to many places in Canada tasting their local beers.

There is a small brewery in Windsor, On called Walkerville brewery. It`s so smooth and tastes so nice, the best to me.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:28 am
Glaswegian

Default Re: Best Beer in Canada.

Originally Posted by Redwings
Hi Folks,

I would like to ask your opinion on your thought of what is the best beer in Canada. I have been to many places in Canada tasting their local beers.

There is a small brewery in Windsor, On called Walkerville brewery. It`s so smooth and tastes so nice, the best to me.
Anything by Big Rock ...

Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:56 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Hi Folks,

The best beer ANYWHERE is Heinneken. The rest just taste like, umm, well, piss. Especially Alexander Keith's and "Canadian". God no. :scared:
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:57 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
The best beer ANYWHERE is Heinneken. The rest just taste like, umm, well, piss. Especially Alexander Keith's and "Canadian". God no. :scared:
Stella - worth crossing the border and going to the LCBO alone for.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

I remember tasting a small bottle of beer called 11th comandment beer in Holland. quite strong but very impressive. I think Heineken is just expensive but there`s so many great beers in Canada.

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella is good beer. Since you are just across the border, try Walkerville. It`s just along Wyondotte and kildare rd. You can bring your own jug and they`ll fill it up for ya.

Originally Posted by Manc
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:06 am
Glaswegian

I remember tasting a small bottle of beer called 11th comandment beer in Holland. quite strong but very impressive. I think Heineken is just expensive but there`s so many great beers in Canada.
Let's face it, if it costs less than a $1 a can or bottle, it isn't going to be a great experience ... spend a few bucks and you'll get something more interesting ... a decent liquor should have a good range of good beers.

Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:09 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

11th commandment. Why am I a fan of this beer already?
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Manc
Stella? Can't say I've heard of it. But then again, I'm no beer "expert." I treasure my Heinneken and Carlsberg, and that's about it. Labatt is just not drinkable. Ditto for a number of Canadian beers I've tasted.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, there are many who could only appreciate beers instead of liquor no matter how expensive they are. I am the type who drinks 2 or 3 bottles of beers before dinner but no liquor.

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Let's face it, if it costs less than a $1 a can or bottle, it isn't going to be a great experience ... spend a few bucks and you'll get something more interesting ... a decent liquor should have a good range of good beers.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:22 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Quite partial to Upper Canada honey brown, or Rickards Red for dark beers, but nothing here to touch a real English (or scottish..or irish) Bitter like Black Sheep or Woodforde Wherry.

Im not a conosour of these things though . Of the native Pilsners I prefer Blue to Canadian, but both have to be really cold anyway. Kieths and Sleamans are OK too of the big label brands, and IMO they all have more body and flavour than the Euro lagers, which now taste a bit thin and bitter for want of a better term after a few years (when i was in the UK I prefered the Euro Lagers to Carling, Fosters etc.) US stuff like Bud and Coors is just fizzy and nasty on so many levels.

There was this thread a while ago with some suggestions.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241789
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

My brand is Rickards Red as well when I moved to BC. In Ontario, I used to get Creemore and Walkerville. Walkerville used to be Canadian but it`s now owned by brits. quite a few Holland beers are good as well.

http://www.walkervillebrew.com/

I don`t like mcuh of american beers. And I agree, the UK beers are great. I lived in Sussex UK for a couple of years and I really enjoyed the beers there.

Originally Posted by iaink
Quite partial to Upper Canada honey brown, or Rickards Red for dark beers, but nothing here to touch a real English (or scottish..or irish) Bitter like Black Sheep or Woodforde Wherry.

Im not a conosour of these things though . Of the native Pilsners I prefer Blue to Canadian, but both have to be really cold anyway. Kieths and Sleamans are OK too of the big label brands, and IMO they all have more body and flavour than the Euro lagers, which now taste a bit thin and bitter for want of a better term after a few years (when i was in the UK I prefered the Euro Lagers to Carling, Fosters etc.) US stuff like Bud and Coors is just fizzy and nasty on so many levels.

There was this thread a while ago with some suggestions.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241789
Old Sep 20th 2004, 7:53 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should try and limit this topic to “Canadian� beers, as many seem to prefer the Belgium mass market beer, or even the Dutch mass market beer…
Worth a note that ‘Carling’ in the UK was originally a Canadian beer… form Carling O’Keefe.

What would I look for in a Canadian Beer or for that matter any good beer..

No particular overpowering aromas .a good balance between flavours at the “right� serving temperature..

Do think that Euro beer or Brits beer are better than Canadian beer …No! but I’ll agree that they’re different and I could give you along list of my preferences..

However we do get Export Bass Pale Ale..here.. in the LCBO.. and I know that was one of the beer that the brewers in Bass held in high regard.. wasn’t avaible in the UK

You can also get Charles Wells bombardier in the LCBO a very good English beer if your missing it…

But on Canadian ales… I’m biased….. :drink:
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:06 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK

You can also get Charles Wells bombardier in the LCBO a very good English beer if your missing it…
Lived near bedford (home of Charles Wells) for a while, and it was pretty ubiquitous in the pubs around there. Dont make the mistake of confusing Bombadier for any other Charles Wells beer...they sell CW "best" here as well....not good!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 8:17 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by iaink
Lived near bedford (home of Charles Wells) for a while, and it was pretty ubiquitous in the pubs around there. Dont make the mistake of confusing Bombadier for any other Charles Wells beer...they sell CW "best" here as well....not good!
Still have memories of visiting Burton on Trent ... best pint of Bass I ever tasted was after the brewery museum tour ... well worth a visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.