Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

best bargain ever !!!

best bargain ever !!!

Old May 31st 2011, 10:20 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best bargain ever !!!

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
that was to nlfd..and for me charity starts at home..enough said
What exactly does that mean?
Old May 31st 2011, 10:20 am

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triumphguy
Sorry - I'm another "sucker" who always points out a mistake at the cash register - whether it's in my favour or not.

Most of the time I shop with my kids and just could not look them in the face if I cheated.

BTW I've had my wallet returned to me twice - it fell out of my jacket a couple of times while riding my motorbike, and people have gone out of their way to bring it to my house. Nothing was taken and they refused a reward.
should we get you a peggy purse

..and back to the thread, my experience which is only of argos, a high class establishment (!), was a stock check against sales rather than fees charged

On very busy days (xmas, sales), the cash coming in was not worth the extra checking & the normal management checks were suspended in favour of keeping queues down...

however, this type of mistake just keeps the prices up for everyone else...just like insurance claims factor in exageration to the premiums
Old May 31st 2011, 10:27 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
People really couldn't give a toss what you did, I believe the strong comments were a reaction to the boasting in a post about your ill gotten gain coupled with your perceived arrogance and callousness concerning the young check out girl. The only real crime here was your lack of judgement posting this at all plus an unfortunate turn of phrase. I wouldn't make matters worse by being defensive, have a laugh and everyone will move onto the next topic.
Pretty much it. Not sure what you expected to happen when you posted it or why you did.
Old May 31st 2011, 10:28 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
What exactly does that mean?
The kids will get to enjoy the nicked cameras?
Old May 31st 2011, 10:30 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

This is an interesting thread.

A number of posters here have pilloried the OP for what she did or didn't do.

Yet some of you are posting from work and it appears you have no problem stealing time from your employers as you surf the net and post on forums.
Old May 31st 2011, 10:39 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P

Yet some of you are posting from work and it appears you have no problem stealing time from your employers as you surf the net and post on forums.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, ethics and morality in contemporary mass society are fraught with inconsistency and confusion. If you were working for a multinational corporation and your skiving on BE inadvertently saved tipping a few tons of pollutants into a local river, what then?
Old May 31st 2011, 10:41 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I'm at home now, but the rest of the time it's research into the human condition.

Oh, yes.
Old May 31st 2011, 10:41 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Most employers have no problem with web browsing - it's an accepted part of working in an office. As long as you don't take the piss that is - it's certainly not the same as stealing.
Old May 31st 2011, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Most employers have no problem with web browsing - it's an accepted part of working in an office. As long as you don't take the piss that is - it's certainly not the same as stealing.
Not all, my former employer frowned on it understandably so and the office I currently volunteer in does not allow internet access if you don't have a specific purpose for it.
Old May 31st 2011, 10:49 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Not all, my former employer frowned on it understandably so and the office I currently volunteer in does not allow internet access if you don't have a specific purpose for it.
But most people who pop onto BE or such while at work don't make airplanes crash into the ground and kill hundreds of people.
Old May 31st 2011, 10:49 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

This is the difference between Canada and the UK. Back home, all respectable gentlemen of Steve's age would be spending their days hogging all the best tables in the local Wetherspoon's supping cheap bitter.

Volunteering. Pah. Stealing a young person's wage, I say.
Old May 31st 2011, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Oink
But most people who pop onto BE or such while at work don't make airplanes crash into the ground and kill hundreds of people.
But we can/could multitask.
Old May 31st 2011, 10:50 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Morally I really object to people in low-wage jobs being called "stupid little girls" when they've made a simple mistake; especially if said mistake is hugely in the name callers favour.
Particularly as the mistake may have been someone else's and not her's. Or maybe she'd had a really tough time contributing to the error.

- - - -

As for intent or dishonesty, hasn't the bank analogy been posted already? Where money is credited to your account by mistake. It's recoverable isn't it? As is a wage or other payment when it's clearly more than it shoud have been.

Incidentally, is it just me that noticed the discrepancy as to when the mistake was identified?
Old May 31st 2011, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Volunteering. Pah. Stealing a young person's wage, I say.
Apparently not, the young person who's job I help with, she loves me and I get a hug every time I go in.
Old May 31st 2011, 10:52 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by BristolUK

Incidentally, is it just me that noticed the discrepancy as to when the mistake was identified?
No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.