Reload this Page >

Best area for FLY IN FLY OUT CONSTRUCTION WORK

Best area for FLY IN FLY OUT CONSTRUCTION WORK

Old Feb 20th 2015, 5:00 am
Just Joined

steelfixerking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best area for FLY IN FLY OUT CONSTRUCTION WORK

Hi all,
I am an experienced civil superintendent looking at moving from Australia to Canada in the very near future.
I am looking for advice as to which area is the best for FIFO work so to narrow down the job search a bit.
Also any pointers to companies or agencies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 3:32 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best area for FLY IN FLY OUT CONSTRUCTION WORK

Originally Posted by steelfixerking
Hi all,
I am an experienced civil superintendent looking at moving from Australia to Canada in the very near future.
I am looking for advice as to which area is the best for FIFO work so to narrow down the job search a bit.
Also any pointers to companies or agencies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil.
You have a permit to work in Canada?
Old Feb 20th 2015, 7:09 pm
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't bother moving to Alberta where I guess traditionally most of the fly in fly out jobs have been. Employment would be nearly impossible to come by unless you know someone.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

Canada is a big place,like aviator said do you have pr/work permit if not then the chance of landing a job without the Canadian experience is very low.
But I would still give it a go
Old Feb 21st 2015, 12:28 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham and george
But I would still give it a go
You can still get LMIA's and go down express entry route but if it were me I wouldn't packing my stuff up and moving to Alberta at the moment it would be too much of a risk. Things are pretty crap at the moment here.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

I agree with cbrown89.
With the oil low not much work ,I herd if 1 of the big dumpers breaks down and it cost over $1mill to fix ,they will fix the machine but lay of $1mill of labour. Even newflanders are leaving.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 3:18 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham and george
I agree with cbrown89.
With the oil low not much work ,I herd if 1 of the big dumpers breaks down and it cost over $1mill to fix ,they will fix the machine but lay of $1mill of labour. Even newflanders are leaving.
I'd like to sponsor this post as the Most Incoherent Contribution of 2015.
Old Feb 21st 2015, 3:41 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I'd like to sponsor this post as the Most Incoherent Contribution of 2015.
I think that Tumut's post in the "Unhappy" thread comes a damn close second!