Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Belleville ON or London ON?

Belleville ON or London ON?

Old Apr 10th 2016, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Belleville ON or London ON?

Something I read yesterday that may have an impact in a few years - an economic study on the benefits of extending the GO service out to Bowmanville, to include 4 new stations after Oshawa. Very positive recommendations but no timescales I could see.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Collie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond repute

Prince Edward County is where I live - close to Belleville but far more middle-class (not sure if that is a good or bad thing!). Plenty of arts things, magnificent beaches and dunes at Sandbanks and hobby farms. And provided you are in the East of the county (near Carrying Place or Consecon) youèd be within 2 hours of Toronto. There are trains which are faster than that from Belleville (and other stations) too - though not cheap.
Old Apr 10th 2016, 8:47 pm
Banned

veggies is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Collie
Prince Edward County is where I live - close to Belleville but far more middle-class (not sure if that is a good or bad thing!). Plenty of arts things, magnificent beaches and dunes at Sandbanks and hobby farms. And provided you are in the East of the county (near Carrying Place or Consecon) youèd be within 2 hours of Toronto. There are trains which are faster than that from Belleville (and other stations) too - though not cheap.
I was in Picton last weekend and had fish and chips at that restaurant across from the No-Frills store, beside the converted fancy apartments that wraps around main street.
Old Apr 11th 2016, 12:10 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Another option would be to go north from here. Grey County is cheaper, less occupied, more scenic and snowier than here (we used to ride near Priceville and I have pictures of horses trudging on with snow whithers deep). It's also cheaper and within 2 hours of Toronto.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-N0C1H0

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-N0C1K0

or, if you have your own bedroom carpet:

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-N0H1K0
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Collie
Hi Collie
I sent a reply to your pm. But I couldn't see that it had gone through. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Another option would be to go north from here. Grey County is cheaper, less occupied, more scenic and snowier than here (we used to ride near Priceville and I have pictures of horses trudging on with snow whithers deep). It's also cheaper and within 2 hours of Toronto.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-N0C1H0

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-N0C1K0

or, if you have your own bedroom carpet:

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...Ontario-N0H1K0
Thank you

We are beginning to look up this way. It is certainly more affordable.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 1:37 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pennyhp
Thank you

We are beginning to look up this way. It is certainly more affordable.
Something to be aware of is that Mount Forest is surrounded by Mennonite farms; it's usual in Wellington and Grey counties to see people travelling by horse and wagon. The horse auctions at Carson's in Listowel are fascinating in that what's being bought and sold is living agricultural equipment, not horses for show. Mennonites are an acquired taste, great as neighbours if you need things built, not so much if you're opening a pub.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 12:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/A...Ontario-N4N3B8

?
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 1:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Black kitchen cabinets and graduation photos in the toilet.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 1:37 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by BristolUK
50 acres, some sort of fencing, barn with water and stalls (no mention of power), negotiable to budget.

Do people looking at rural properties even consider the house?
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

50 acres, some sort of fencing, barn with water and stalls (no mention of power), negotiable to budget.

Haha. That's so true. Location, Barn, Land....house at the bottom of the requirements list!
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 1:44 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Dark green, but still vile, even worse than the usual ploppy brown cabinets
Graduation photos in the bog... I like their style

Originally Posted by pennyhp
Haha. That's so true. Location, Barn, Land....house at the bottom of the requirements list!
You horsey folk ... Just not normal..... damnright weird

Last edited by Stinkypup; Apr 23rd 2016 at 1:46 am.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

J-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Napanee (Mid way between Kingston 30min and Belleville 25min) I now have a property in Belleville (I rent it out) and my residence 5km off the Hwy 401 just East of Belleville easy to get to Kingston or Belleville for work.
I believethere is plenty of work - Just depends of what you will settle for.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by J-A-UK
I was in Napanee (Mid way between Kingston 30min and Belleville 25min) I now have a property in Belleville (I rent it out) and my residence 5km off the Hwy 401 just East of Belleville easy to get to Kingston or Belleville for work.
I believethere is plenty of work - Just depends of what you will settle for.
Yes I think you may be right. We are 15 minutes from Moncton NB. Most people here talk about the depress state of the economy, but in the last 9 years we have built our small cleaning company up very well. So I am hopeful.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all

Belleville, been there quiet..very nice area for weekend getaways such as hiking walking driving if you want the quietness..distance should nt matter unless you will be going inot the city weekend in weekend out..love it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.