Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Beginning stages of research on Canada...

Beginning stages of research on Canada...

Old May 17th 2009, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

cerysmikey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Beginning stages of research on Canada...

I did do over a years worth of research for Australia but now decided on Canada, as going with a cpl of friends.

Wouldnt know where to start on location?? where is nice to live out there? being able to access The City for work. But not city living.

Was set to move to Perth, Australia in June 09 but now holding back a year to go to canada June next year.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
Old May 17th 2009, 7:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beginning stages of research on Canada...

Originally Posted by cerysmikey
I did do over a years worth of research for Australia but now decided on Canada, as going with a cpl of friends.

Wouldnt know where to start on location?? where is nice to live out there? being able to access The City for work. But not city living.

Was set to move to Perth, Australia in June 09 but now holding back a year to go to canada June next year.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think your best bet is to grab a cuppa and get reading the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page). The first step needs to be to see if you are eligible for a visa.

Don't worry about location yet, that's 'putting the cart before the horse' so to speak, as you may well find that your location is chosen for you by job location. The majority of people need to find a job to get a visa for Canada, so you may not have much choice in where you go - although that will depend on your job. What is your occupation?

Canada is vast and each area is very different, but again there's lots of info in the Wiki (there's even an article on Canada v Oz which may be useful reading!).

Good luck.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Im a stockbroker, but have a Teaching degree too. so would take any work in them fields of work to start off. I did get permanent residency and a job straight away in perth. But never decided to go.

Will take a look at them articles.

Thanks
Old May 17th 2009, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cerysmikey
Im a stockbroker, but have a Teaching degree too. so would take any work in them fields of work to start off. I did get permanent residency and a job straight away in perth. But never decided to go.

Will take a look at them articles.

Thanks

In which case, you'll probably need a job offer first - unless your other half has a job that would get you PR, but there are only 38 occupations and neither stockbroker or teacher are among them.

Teaching is not a great option in Canada (again, check the Wiki as there is an article on teaching there, just put 'teaching' into the search box).

Anyway, have a read and then shout with any questions and somebody on here will be happy to help.
Old May 17th 2009, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Well the other half is a Doctor. Just had a look at the jobs in demand there but didnt see that there either. No luck here ha ha.

will have a read and yes ill sure shout when i need help.

Thanks again.