Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Beginning of our journey ...

Beginning of our journey ...

Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:05 pm
The Cheshires

Tallula is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Beginning of our journey ...

Today saw our first steps towards immigration. I am totally overwhelmed with information now I am starting to look like this !!!
I am just time out from my research to say hi to all those that know what I am feeling like right now.
The messages on this site have been extremely useful and have certainly narrowed my searches from blind meanderings through google to definitive Canada based info-sites ... thankyou

We are: Jill & Stuart ... now living in Birmingham UK and hoping to move for many of the same reasons I have seen on the messages here ... although I will add one other - Stuart's ex-wife !!

I (Jill) am originally from Northern Ireland and moved to the UK when I joined HM Forces (where I met Stuart).
Since retired from service I am now a lecturer at a local college (bored out of my skull and facing kids with knives everyday) and Stu is a Programme Director at Warwick University.
Stu has two kids Sam (15) and Charlotte (13 next week).

We are looking for similiar jobs in British Columbia - as close to the snow as possible (we are both advanced skiers) and somewhere were we can indulge our other passion of cycling.

Look forward to hearing any suggestions and helpful hints.

Jill xx
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:35 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Beginning of our journey ...

Hi and a warm welcome to the forum
BC has some awesome cycling roads, with amazing scenery all around.
Hope you get to follow your dreams........best of luck
Old Mar 9th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Just wanted to say Hello and welcome you to the forum.

Don't know much about BC but all the pictures and photos make the province look really beautiful.

Wish you all the best for the long journey ahead.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 8:18 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

WOW - I was a lecturer in a Nottingham college and when a student left their bag in the computer room I took it to the staff room. When I put it on my desk there was a heavy thud and when I looked in the bag I discovered a gun. The police were involved and it turned out to be associated with a big drug ring. Not one of the nicer memories I have of teaching - and I was worried for quite a while after due to the arrests that followed and a lot of students knowing it was me that found the gun.

I hear you loud and clear

Originally Posted by Tallula

Since retired from service I am now a lecturer at a local college (bored out of my skull and facing kids with knives everyday) ...

We are looking for similiar jobs in British Columbia - as close to the snow as possible (we are both advanced skiers) and somewhere were we can indulge our other passion of cycling.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in following your dream!
Old Mar 10th 2007, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

MonkeyMagic has a brilliant futureMonkeyMagic has a brilliant futureMonkeyMagic has a brilliant futureMonkeyMagic has a brilliant futureMonkeyMagic has a brilliant futureMonkeyMagic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tallula
Today saw our first steps towards immigration. I am totally overwhelmed with information now I am starting to look like this !!!
I am just time out from my research to say hi to all those that know what I am feeling like right now.
The messages on this site have been extremely useful and have certainly narrowed my searches from blind meanderings through google to definitive Canada based info-sites ... thankyou

We are: Jill & Stuart ... now living in Birmingham UK and hoping to move for many of the same reasons I have seen on the messages here ... although I will add one other - Stuart's ex-wife !!

I (Jill) am originally from Northern Ireland and moved to the UK when I joined HM Forces (where I met Stuart).
Since retired from service I am now a lecturer at a local college (bored out of my skull and facing kids with knives everyday) and Stu is a Programme Director at Warwick University.
Stu has two kids Sam (15) and Charlotte (13 next week).

Look forward to hearing any suggestions and helpful hints.

Jill xx
Hi from one newbie to another!

Snow and cycling - yep, that's basically how we're narrowing down location.

Best of luck!

stu
Old Mar 10th 2007, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi Jill,

We are the gibbo's family. and live in Birmingham. We to just staring the process. We fancy Calgary Alberta, very close to the Rockies and good fly fishing.

you are right about this site, great stuff and loads of help.

good luck,
gibbos1
Old Mar 11th 2007, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jill,
We're also hoping to go to BC, to Vancouver Island, about 45 minutes from Mount Washington ideally, down in The Comox Valley where my brother and his family live. He is a ski patrol volunteer along with his wife and as a result they get a free annual family ski pass. They have to patrol twice a month each and attend all the training each year.

We have two kids aged 14 and 8 who have both been to Van. Island a couple of times already for 6 week summer vacations and are champing at the bit to live there to go skiing and snow boarding as well as all the fun summer activities that they've already experienced.

This is a fantastic site and you'll probably need a shortcut on your desktop to it because you'll be here often! It's a community full of helpful people who share a common bond - Canada.

Good luck and although I'm fairly new, if you need any info on BC then let me know, I might have researched it and saved it for future reference.
Welcome
Robin
Old Mar 11th 2007, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Beginning of our journey ...

Hi Jill,we,re fairly new to the forum aswell. We,re from Newcastle Upon Tyne.
We are a family of 5. Me(mandi),hubbie Darren,3 kids Ryan(15),Chloe(11) and Aaron(4).
We,re off to Calgary next month,Darren was lucky enough to find a job quite quick(plumber), so we,ve got our flights booked for 11th April
Very excited to go exploring,cycling etc in the summer.then have some ski lessons ready for the winter.
Wish you all the luck,anything you want to know,you,ll find on this forum.
The people on here are amazing,ive had more advice in a month from them than i got in 2 years from other sites tried
Plus you,ll meet some great friends for when you make your move.
Take care
Mandi
Old Mar 13th 2007, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

Hi Guys
We are just south of Calgary, Alberta and went through the emigration process last year. If any of you have any questions please do not hesitate to pm us.
Wallace
Old Mar 16th 2007, 7:41 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
Hi Jill,
We're also hoping to go to BC, to Vancouver Island, about 45 minutes from Mount Washington ideally, down in The Comox Valley where my brother and his family live. He is a ski patrol volunteer along with his wife and as a result they get a free annual family ski pass. They have to patrol twice a month each and attend all the training each year.

We have two kids aged 14 and 8 who have both been to Van. Island a couple of times already for 6 week summer vacations and are champing at the bit to live there to go skiing and snow boarding as well as all the fun summer activities that they've already experienced.

This is a fantastic site and you'll probably need a shortcut on your desktop to it because you'll be here often! It's a community full of helpful people who share a common bond - Canada.

Good luck and although I'm fairly new, if you need any info on BC then let me know, I might have researched it and saved it for future reference.
Welcome
Robin
Hello Robin - just thought I would say hello. We have just bought a house at Merville outside Courtenay and hope to be there living by May. You're right - it is a great area. We have been there three times and are so excited to be going back for good. Still have a bit of work to do this end before we can go but hopefully we'll be there soon. Angela
Old Mar 16th 2007, 7:57 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome
Old Mar 17th 2007, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE - and very best wishes to you
Old Mar 18th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about

Hi and Welcome

We've just arrived in Alberta and know what it's like to go through the process, but for us it was a little bit quicker due to PNP.

It's a huge rollercoaster of emotions but well worth it

Elli
Old Mar 19th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gloveman
Hello Robin - just thought I would say hello. We have just bought a house at Merville outside Courtenay and hope to be there living by May. You're right - it is a great area. We have been there three times and are so excited to be going back for good. Still have a bit of work to do this end before we can go but hopefully we'll be there soon. Angela
hI
Congratulation on the house purchase hope everything is smooth sailing this end all the best
Also welcome to the forum for the O P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.