Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Been here 2 weeks.....

Been here 2 weeks.....

Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of
Default Been here 2 weeks.....

Well we have arrived in Canada 2 weeks ago and what a busy time we've had so far!

Sorted out a rental, schools, SIN, registered for OHIP etc. Both of our boys have joined soccer teams - our 12 year old is playing in a house league in Waterloo and our 15 year old is playing rep for Waterloo, and even my husband has got in on the act and is playing for an over 35's pub team so most of our evenings and weekends have been taken up with soccer practices and games! This has been great from a social point of view and the boys have already made friends with kids they are going to be at school with come Sept!!

I can't believe how friendly the Canadians are, we have been invited to 2 Bar-b-q's, a ladies cocktail party and a pool party since we arrived! Numerous people have given us their numbers and offered advice on finding our way around, schools and housing etc.

My 15 year old was very upset about leaving his friends (especially his girlfriend) and he said yesterday he thinks we have made the right move! We had a fantastic meeting at his new school with his guidance teacher and he was so pleased with his subject choices for his first semester!

I know its early days and there will be a lot of ups and downs to come but we are more than happy to embrace this adventure and see what unfolds over the coming months!

Michelle
Old Jun 30th 2009, 5:58 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Been here 2 weeks.....

welcome, welcome, welcome........so gald you finallly made it.....x
Old Jun 30th 2009, 6:22 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hollis Family
Well we have arrived in Canada 2 weeks ago and what a busy time we've had so far!

Sorted out a rental, schools, SIN, registered for OHIP etc. Both of our boys have joined soccer teams - our 12 year old is playing in a house league in Waterloo and our 15 year old is playing rep for Waterloo, and even my husband has got in on the act and is playing for an over 35's pub team so most of our evenings and weekends have been taken up with soccer practices and games! This has been great from a social point of view and the boys have already made friends with kids they are going to be at school with come Sept!!

I can't believe how friendly the Canadians are, we have been invited to 2 Bar-b-q's, a ladies cocktail party and a pool party since we arrived! Numerous people have given us their numbers and offered advice on finding our way around, schools and housing etc.

My 15 year old was very upset about leaving his friends (especially his girlfriend) and he said yesterday he thinks we have made the right move! We had a fantastic meeting at his new school with his guidance teacher and he was so pleased with his subject choices for his first semester!

I know its early days and there will be a lot of ups and downs to come but we are more than happy to embrace this adventure and see what unfolds over the coming months!

Michelle
Glad you're settling, and the kids are happy, very best of luck to you all
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:03 am
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

Sounds like a great start.
Well done Hollis family
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

shazza69 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh thats fantastic news you all sound like you are very happy good luck with it all. xx
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:23 am
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Been here 2 weeks.....

Michelle
Fantastic! Sounds fabulous so far All the best for your future life in Canada x
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Thank you for all your good wishes!

Michelle
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Adeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really niceAdeletrotter is just really nice

Fantastic news, your officially living the dream!!!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations...you have certainly packed in a lot in the time you've been here and you've got a great attitude to it all...and you have the priorities right in terms of getting your kids and husband involved in footie.